Participant ,
Jan 25, 2018 Jan 25, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi!

MS Pro 16. i7 etc.

Latest photoshop.

Change from previous version:

FIles open tiny, and fit screen (ctrl-0) is same.

Tried CC 2017 for comparison. Works fine.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jan 28, 2018 Jan 28, 2018

This might be a long shot, but do you have UI scaling set to Automatic?  I'm thinking about the intermittent nature dennis scalero art is experiencing, although UI sis shouldn't affect how the document appears on the screen.

Would people who have the problem please give us enough information to maybe tie the issue down?

Operating System for sure?

Monitor Screen resolution?

Document size in pixels?

I can't think of anything else that might be relevant.  Any other thoughts?

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Could you please post a screenshot taken with the pertinent Panels (Layers, Channels, Options Bar, …) visible?

Does turning off »Use Graphics Processor« in the Performance Preferences (Photoshop > Preferences > Performance > Graphic Processor Settings) and restarting Photoshop have any bearing on the issue?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

thanks for your reply. after doing it all day yesterday and part of today it just....stopped.

If it happens again in the next few days, I'll try your fix and report

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi denniscaleroart,

Sorry that your files are opening tiny in Photoshop after the recent 19.1 version update.

As c.pfaffenbichler has mentioned, Could you please post a screenshot of Photoshop UI illustrating the issue? What is your operating system?

Also, Check if you are seeing similar behavior of Photoshop UI as mentioned in this discussion.

Thanks,

Akash

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

okay its now happening again, screenshot atatched

tried turning off use graphics processor and restarting the app didnt work

Untitled-1.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

and then , everytime i hit the caps lock button on the lasso tool, the app would crash

what is happening

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 26, 2018 Jan 26, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had the same problem. I had to reset the workspace (window - workspace - reset photo) or I had to use workspace standart.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

which problem did this resolve? the scale issue or the crash issue?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

yes the scaling problem. The magnetic lasso problem I have too.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

cool thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Jan 28, 2018 Jan 28, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

installed the new version today, sunday jan 28 and both issues persist

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This might be a long shot, but do you have UI scaling set to Automatic?  I'm thinking about the intermittent nature dennis scalero art is experiencing, although UI sis shouldn't affect how the document appears on the screen.

Would people who have the problem please give us enough information to maybe tie the issue down?

Operating System for sure?

Monitor Screen resolution?

Document size in pixels?

I can't think of anything else that might be relevant.  Any other thoughts?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i dont but thank you

as a reminder this only happened with the december update

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 29, 2018 Jan 29, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

UI scaling is set to auto, but it makes no difference. Os is Win 10 pro 64, all updates installed. Screen Res is 2560x1440. Document size does not matter, even 400x400 pixels trigger this behavior. It seems that only the position of the tools panel is important

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

And another obeservation. The tools panel have to be on the left side. If it is free somewhere on the workspace, the opening picture tries not to touch the panel and stays small

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

hey Michael

which problem does resetting the workspace solve

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 11, 2018 Feb 11, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I concur. I was crashing using select and mask today, so, I installed the latest CC update and suddenly fit on screen would reduce the image to 2%, tiny.  That's the way files opened too. I saw this post and moved my toolbar from the right to the left and NOW it is working correctly.  c'mon Adobe!  That's nonsense and cost me more than an hour of time. Unbelievable!

You should test your updates with people who actually use Photoshop!

David

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi denniscaleroart,

Are you talking about the Magnetic lasso tool? If so, we're able to reproduce this issue at out end and it is being worked upon. Please refer Photoshop CC 19.1: Crashes when using Magnetic Lasso Tool | Photoshop Family Customer Community for more details.

~Akash

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

yes it is the magnetic lasso

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Feb 09, 2018 Feb 09, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

lasso is back to crashing to program. this is really irritating. even when precision is on.

using 2017

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Mar 04, 2018 Mar 04, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

still going on.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Mar 04, 2018 Mar 04, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

For anyone who wants to get to know why it happens check: There isn't enough room to display this document => bug !

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines