• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

P: Cursor gets stuck on transform handle in Photoshop 22.5.1 Windows only

Explorer ,
Aug 26, 2021 Aug 26, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

ESC button to drop accidential transformation doesn't get percieved by the app anymore... 

{Edited the thread title by the moderator}

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
replies 109 Replies 109
Explorer ,
Dec 11, 2021 Dec 11, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey there - wondering if there is any fix for this bug. I am experiencing a similar issue in the current PS version which has still not been fixed: when clicking a handle to open the transform mode, the shape begins transforming with the mouse movement immediately as though you were click+dragging (rather than waiting for a second click + hold to transform using the transform handles). Very muscle-memory breaking and annoying bug or feature for those that have been using PS for 10+ years that does not appear to have a fix at this time.

Steps to reproduce:

See here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=duIezV5736Y

It is difficult to describe bugs through text only in a way that will allow you to reproduce, so I recorded the behaviour so that you can see what is happening.

Exact steps:

- With 'show transform controls' enabled, click the transform handle to enter transform mode

- The layer will immediately transform when you move the mouse as if you were doing a second click + drag (this makes the transform function basically non-functional; it's actually so annoying I have considered looking at alternatives to PS)

I have also swapped hardware to verify that this is indeed PS bug or new behaviour and not a problem with my hardware.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 11, 2021 Dec 11, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi A.L. You don't mention what version of Photoshop you are using. The bug should have been fixed in 23.0.1, but there seem to be some additional reports that it persists after that initial fix. Please confirm which version of Photoshop you are running.

The bug is a timing issue with how fast mouse clicks get processed. It's been extremely hard for us to reproduce. Faster mice seem to expose the problem; the mouse-up event gets processed too quickly, and the code that handles the track and resize of the selected object never sees it, leaving it in the state where it thinks the mouse is still down. This causes the stuck mouse-tracking state.

I've made additional changes for 23.1 (not yet released as I write this), including adding support which allows the Escape key to terminate any mouse-down track. If folks are still experiencing this bug after 23.1 is released, please comment in this thread and we can take additional steps. Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 13, 2021 Dec 13, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all,  

We're happy to announce the release of Photoshop 23.1. This update includes the fix for this issue. To see the list of all fixed issues, click here

To update Photoshop to 23.1, click "Update" in the Creative Cloud desktop app next to Photoshop. More detailed instructions for updating  

Let us know if the update resolves the problem for those affected and share your feedback with us.

Thanks,

Mohit

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Dec 14, 2021 Dec 14, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you @Mohit Goyal 

Rosa

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 14, 2021 Dec 14, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It seems to me that it is working like it should. Finally 😄

Bonus: Errors at startup that were there since 23.0 released are also gone.

Thanks @Mohit Goyal.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 16, 2021 Dec 16, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@simons52710075 Awesome, thanks for update! 

Mohit

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 08, 2023 Mar 08, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is happening again in 24.2.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 25, 2023 Mar 25, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, happening again. Not just with transform tools, but whenever I try to move objects too, as well as puppet warp.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Still happening. Nothing it fixed. This is still an issue and it is intermittent.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is also happening to me. Every time I go to transform, resize, move workspace, and adjust brush size.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, I can confirm that this is happening again. Not just with transform tools, but whenever I use Puppet Warp. Also, at times moving objects. The funny thing is, that it doesn't happen all the time. When the handles become sticky, in transform, I usually hold the left mouse button momentarily and the handles become unstuck, if this makes sense. With Puppet Warp I have to delete the point. With moving objects and they become sticky, I usually go back a step and then retry moving the object.

Adobe Photoshop Version: 24.3.0 20230316.r.376 37b4b38 x64
Windows OS

Edition Windows 10 Home
Version 22H2
OS build 19045.2788
Experience Windows Feature Experience Pack 120.2212.4190.0

Rosa

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 29, 2023 Mar 29, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@RosaPerry Rosa could you forward me your System Info and what kind of mouse are you using (model, usb/blutooth).

Thanks

Tom Attix PSQE

tattix@adobe.com

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Mar 30, 2023 Mar 30, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@tom attix 
Hi Tom,
I've sent you an email with all the information requested.

Thank you so much for looking at this.

Best Regards

Rosa

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Rosa.
I also would like to invite anyone else seeing this issue to seeing this issue to send me their System Info and mouse type to me at the same adress: tattix@adobe.com. Thank you all.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Happening to me too for the last couple months. When I'm transforming something and I let go of the mouse button, it doesn't end the transformer, it sticks to my mouse until I click.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Mar 31, 2023 Mar 31, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@TiminatorX 
Would you be able to send your System Info and what kind of mouse you are using (model, usb/blutooth) to  tattix@adobe.com

Would help determine the issue with the sticky transform bug.

Thanks

Rosa

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 04, 2023 Apr 04, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Still happening for a few weeks. Nothing it fixed.
I will send my sys info to tattix@adobe.com

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Mar 03, 2023 Mar 03, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Since the latest update, my hand tool 'sticks' to the image, not allowing it to continue moving/scrolling when I release the mouse button.

I am used to 'throwing' my images around the screen with the hand tool, whilst I clean-up dust spots, but the tool will no longer let go, i.e. once the mouse button is released, the image moves around as I move the mouse, as though the left button is still held down. Stopping the scroll completely, then releasing, usually solves it, but it's now taking me much longer to edit.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 03, 2023 Mar 03, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @gadget13769 Go to Preferences/Tools and disable flick panning and overscroll - does the issue still occur?

Are you using only a mouse or do you also have a graphics tablet/pen?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 13, 2023 Mar 13, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

same problem here. It's like the toggle space bar stopped working. Sometimes it works normal and sometimes it just sticks "on". I disable Overscroll and Flick Pan but still seems to be happening. To a lesser degree other key board shortcuts seem to be sticky as well. Why do these settigns have to change as soon as I update? I just want my stuff to work like it always has....

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 16, 2023 Mar 16, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I also have the same issue. It started a few days ago. I hold the space bar and click my mouse to move my Photoshop composition. Then I let go the space bar, but as I move my mouse my composition continues to move without space bar pressed. I have to click my mouse again to make it stop. It doesn't always happen straight away. It starts after I've been editing a Photoshop document. I've tried to disable flick panning and overscroll. I've also reset tool preferences and PS preferences, with no luck. It also happens with the pen tool when I draw a path.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 16, 2023 Mar 16, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having the same issue. Hoping someone finds a fix, this driving me nuts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same problem - pan/zoom gets stuck, transform tool gets stuck, changing brush size gets stuck,
all mouse clicks along with pressing keys on the keyboard get stuck
- it's very very frustrating - because I work in photoshop all day and can do it very fast, but with this problem - I feel like I started learning photoshop last week.
My productivity is ruined.
My bosses aren't happy.
I'm spending more time and getting less money.
Adobe definitely owes me money

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Mar 31, 2023 Mar 31, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same problem here, please fix

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 04, 2023 Apr 04, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, same here, still not fixed. =\

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines