• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

P: Error at loading of ippCV library in Photoshop

Community Beginner ,
Oct 20, 2020 Oct 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have updated photoshop to version 2021 but it won't open I get this message.
Can anyone help me with this?

Where can I find this missing file?

{Moderator Note: Edited the thread title, PS-57173}

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 3 Correct answers

Adobe Employee , Oct 20, 2020 Oct 20, 2020

Hi there,

We're sorry for the trouble. Could you please check the minimum system requirements for Photoshop 22.0 here: https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/system-requirements.html

Also, check the available workarounds to fix this issue for now: https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/kb/known-issues.html#ErroratloadingofippCVlibrary

Let us know if that helps.

Thanks,

Mohit

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee , Oct 20, 2020 Oct 20, 2020

Hi there,

Looks like your CPU version isn't compatible with Photoshop 22.0. You should roll back to the previous version of Photoshop 21.2.4 and let us know if that helps.

Here's how you roll back to the previous version: https://helpx.adobe.com/download-install/using/install-previous-version.html

Thanks,

Mohit

Votes

Translate

Translate
Feb 24, 2021 Feb 24, 2021

Hi there,

Sorry that you're getting an error "Error at loading of ippCV library" while loading Photoshop.

Photoshop 2021 (v22.x) requires a CPU that supports SSE 4.2 or later. See: https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/kb/known-issues.html#ErroratloadingofippCVlibrary

To determine if your CPU meets this SSE version support requirement, see Photoshop's Help > System Info dialog and look in or near the 4th line.

1. Adobe Photoshop Version: 22.0.0 20200921.m.1053 2020/09/21: 0fb66349f4  x64
  2. Numb

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
replies 179 Replies 179
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The following utility on Windows can help find this information

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-gb/sysinternals/downloads/coreinfo

-Manan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

On a mac use Terminal by pressing Cmd+Space (spotlight search) then type Terminal

and in the Terminal window type or paste sysctl -a | grep machdep.cpu.features

then press Enter.

term1.pngterm2.pngterm3.png

Or go to Applications>Utilities>Terminal.app

For extened CPU info, type or paste sysctl -a | grep machdep.cpu in the Terminal window

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 22, 2020 Oct 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hallo,i think it`s the last time i did an abo for photoshop .

since Camera Raw 12.4 my graphic card is nomore supported .

I swiched back to 12.3 this works mit my card.Now with

Photoshop 2021 there is again a great problem, i have paid for

something  i can not use on my computer. I don`t have money

to buy a new computer only for Photoshop.In the future I

will look for another program for  image editing.

I`m very upset about Adobe`s strategy.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 24, 2021 May 24, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I feel the same way as you. For Adobe to cowtow to intel to exclude AMD processors is unconscionable and I will also be looking for an alternative that can handle my work. Heck with you Adobe!!!!!!!!!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same here.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

same issue here... what a deception

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 21, 2020 Oct 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

With me it comes

Photoshop 2020 Fehler.jpg2_Photoshop 2020 Fehler.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I took a close look at the requirements of the new Ps. It says that from a CPU with SSE4 is supported. I would love to venture out. My CPU is an AMD Phenom (tm) II X4 975 processor with 4x 3600MHz and support for SSE FP, SSE2, SSE3. I haven't been able to complain to this day. Photoshop went very well. Now do I have to buy a new CPU + motherboard + new RAM so that I can use PS again? Sorry for the question ... are you kidding me? I'm not paying around 600 € for new components so that I can use the current PS version. I hope that will be changed, otherwise I'll have to look for an alternative!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

it seems so... looks like PS development team has decided to make use of SSE4.2 and that is not optional. So I guess it's time for me to get a RYZEN. As an alternative, you can install previous version of PS, from the Creative Cloud Desktop App, at the right of the PS row, click the 3 dots and will display the option "Previous Versions" and install it.

HTH  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"Unfortunally" the answer helped me: I have to update my system because does not support SSE4.*

Thanks for the help

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The latest official update of Ps Buid 22 shows the error with DLL that do not allow me to use latest build. So I have stack on 21..2.4. All other Adobe App including Ai, Ae, Premier Pro and others work smoothly after yesterday update. That means that error do not depends on my VGA or CPU and is specific only for Ps installation core code that is dynamically linked to ippcvn7.dll or ippcvn7.dll . Also

my win OS dll testing don't find any error in my dll files.

I would appreciate if Ps dev team investigated this error  and change decission to allow user with this architecture continue to use Ps:

Intel CPU Family:6, Model:14, Stepping:3 with MMX, SSE Integer, SSE FP, SSE2, SSE3, SSE4.1, SSE4.2, AVX, AVX2, HyperThreading

Screenshot 2020-10-21 120452.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Infelizmente estou com o mesmo problema e precisei voltar para a versão anterior. Aparentemente é algo que precisa ser corrigido, pois são muitos usuários relatando o erro. No meu caso o processador é o AMD Phenom(tm) II X6 1100T de 3.3 Ghz. Seria possivel nos dar uma posição se o problema será corrigido ou realmente vamos ter que trocar o hardware?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 23, 2020 Oct 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Since today I can't start Photoshop.The folowing Error Information appears:

"Error at loading of ippCV library"

Your application is dynamically linked with Intel(R) IPP libraries version 2020.0.1 (r0x35c5ec66)

No DLL from the list below is found on the system search path:

ippcvm7.dll (the most suitable for your CPU)

Please provide a path to at least one of them.

Is there anybody with the same problem? Who can help me??

Thank you

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there – did you try the Community Search or Google for one second?

https://community.adobe.com/t5/photoshop/m-error-at-loading-of-ippcv-library-photoshop-22-0-windows-...

🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hy, i have the same problem Photoshop 2021 can not work with the CPU of your computer.
There are two possibilities :You buy anew computer or you work with Photoshop 2020.

Greetings Chris

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It seems to me if there is a problem with AMD cpu. I have the same trouble

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 25, 2020 Oct 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

the problem is not having an AMD cpu, but an OLD cpu

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Actually, this is not true.
While with Intel this indeed should be pretty old CPU like Core 2 Duo (2 core @ 1.0-1.5GHz), for AMD this could easily be Phenom II X6 1100T with 6 cores @ 3.3GHz which I would not call "old" (at least not by it's performance).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The 'correct' answer given may be wrong.  Copied from another forum:

-----------------------------

If you got this error:
"
    Error at loading of ippCV library
    Your application is dynamically linked with Intel(R) IPP libraries version 2020.0.1.
    No DLL from the list below is found an the system search path:
     ippcvm7.dll (the most suitable for your CPU)
    Please provide a path to at least one of them.
"
Here is the fix.

Despite what Adobe is saying officially, Photoshop 2021 does NOT require support of SSE4.2 to run.
The real problem is that:
- IPP libraries optimized for SSE3 are missing from distribution (they are available from Intel)
- OpenCV library was build with SSE4.2 requirement
To fix this download this pack of libs from any source below (it's the same):
https://www113.zippyshare.com/v/cqtznzt2/file.html
https://www.sendspace.com/file/vh0wjm
Unpack archive and copy libs to Photoshop 2021 installation directory (overwrite opencv_world440.dll when requested).

This fixes the problem an PS runs just fine.
But disclaimer as usual - all this at your own risk.

Please note that this is not a hack or something like this - this is official libraries from official sources.
Intel IPP libraries was taken from Intel Parallels Studio XE 2020.1.0 and contains valid signature from Intel.
OpenCV library was taken from official release of OpenCV 4.4.0 on GitHUB (https://github.com/opencv/opencv, build by VC15).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi!

Amazing, this works, Thanks so much for the solution. Something that Adobe can't do or just solve telling us to install a previous version.

God Bless

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Worked for me too on my Win10-64 pro AMD Phenom II 1100T CPU.

Shame on Adobe for doing this to us, and for needing some random user to fix it for them, and making me buy a new CPU in the meantime.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

seems to work for me too so far. At least this gives me time to save for my next rig.

The only difference is that i donwloaded the opencv file from here

https://opencv.org/releases/

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well, even though I was able to startup PS2021 with this fix, then loading a TIF file to start working thrown an error really weird, and everything became quite unresponsive, windows didn't even finished shutting down.

So, i just forced the shutdown by holding the power button, then the disk i had the TIF file failed to be recognized by the BIOS, pretty weird!. In the end, resetting the bios solved the disk not recognized issue.  PS2021 keeps failing. I have no issues at all opening that TIF with Adobe 2020. So dead end to me, will need to upgrade my system... anyway, i should have done that long time ago.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 24, 2020 Oct 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks dbur971 for your help

I will report it PS Team.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines