Welcome Dialog

Welcome to the Community!

We have a brand new look! Take a tour with us and explore the latest updates on Adobe Support Community.

P: Program Error saving to Google Drive on macOS

Community Beginner ,
Nov 17, 2021 Nov 17, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello everyone! In Photoshop version 23.01 for MAC, do you also encounter an error when trying to directly save changes to a job? How did you solve?

TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

Community Beginner , Nov 20, 2021 Nov 20, 2021
Thanks for the replies .. I did a Google Workspace update (only now avaible)  and the problem is solved. :heart_suit:

Translate

Translate
New Here , Nov 27, 2021 Nov 27, 2021
I had this same problem until I found this thread. I downloaded the newest version of Google Drive, reinstalled, problem solved.

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 17, 2021 Nov 17, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you saving from Export > Save for Web? Or File > Save As...?

Are you saving to your local drive (e.g. your desktop)? Or a server, or an external drive?

Senior Product Manager - Customer Advocacy - Digital Imaging

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 18, 2021 Nov 18, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'll explain better: if I save an image after processing it (in any format), then apply changes and try to save it again with the same name (via the "save" or "save as" button), Photoshop generates a program error and does not allow to save. I am therefore obliged to change my name otherwise it is not possible to continue.
The error message that appears is:
"Unable to save" XXX "because a program error has occurred."

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

so:

Are you saving from Export > Save for Web? Or File > Save As...? 👉 File > Save

Are you saving to your local drive (e.g. your desktop)? Or a server, or an external drive? 👉 local drive

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

ps: just to know, I use the Gdrive folder locally on the PC that also copies online, but this problem occurs only with Photoshop and not with other Adobe programs.. 

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you set the Google Drive to "Available Offline" do you save without program error?

Senior Product Manager - Customer Advocacy - Digital Imaging

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 20, 2021 Nov 20, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the replies .. I did a Google Workspace update (only now avaible)  and the problem is solved. :heart_suit:

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 27, 2021 Nov 27, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I had this same problem until I found this thread. I downloaded the newest version of Google Drive, reinstalled, problem solved.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines