Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

P: Touch gestures not working properly on Surface Pro with Windows 11

New Here ,
Sep 05, 2022 Sep 05, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey everyone,

I own a brand new Surface Pro 8 with Windows 11, and a huge adobe package provided by my school. I've got the most recent version of Photoshop, and a surface pen to boot.

However, when I try to draw and use the touch gestures shown by this article: https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/using/touch.html

Some features work, while others don't work consistently. The pinch-to-zoom, and two-finger-pan features work just fine. The rotation, and undo/redo gestures don't function. The rotation feature straight up doesn't rotate the canvas no matter how many angles I approach it with. And the 3 finger undo/redo sometimes works, but then windows also changes application screens.

So, my question today is, how do I go about fixing this. Under the windows 11 settings, there is no direct way to turn off the touch screen gestures (only the trackpad can be adjusted). And Rotating a canvas is a very important aspect of why I got a drawing device with a screen to begin with. Does anyone have any tips to ensure that all my touch gestures will work with photoshop?

{Moderator Note: Edited the thread title and merged the similar conversations]

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Explorer ,
Feb 09, 2022 Feb 09, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Recently bought a Surface Pro 7 but the undo/redo touch gestures don't work most of the time. The 3-finger gesture seems to conflict with the Surface Pro gestures, so everytime I try to undo/redo Windows swipes away the entire window. 

Also, trying to figure out how to assign actions to the buttons on my Surface Pen within photoshop? (e.g clicking the top button to 'undo')

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 24, 2022 Feb 24, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Including five finger gestures also doesn't work。I think the gesture of PS conflicts with that of window 11

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 22, 2021 Nov 22, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can anyone please let me know what is the problem with windows 11, surface pro 8 and photoshop? I just bought myself a surface pro 8. It comes with windows 11. I installed photoshop, (CC5, 2021) and man..it's like I need to look at everything with a magnifying lens. The pen too, doesn't work. I can't seem to even use the screen as a touch screen to enlarge anything. Help!

I need a simple explanation, 😌 please. 

Many thanks and cheers. Sorry for any bother. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 06, 2021 Mar 06, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, my computer automatically updated to the new version of photoshop. Before the update I was able to pinch on my computer's touch screen to zoom and scroll, but now I can't. I've looked up similar issues on the forum and have so far tried toggling "enable gestures" and "enable scroll wheel" under the tools preference, as well as uninstalling and reinstalling photoshop. None of it worked.

Right now my best solution is to go back to the previous version, which is REALLY frustrating and time consuming because now I have to reset my workspace. Does anyone else know of a better solution?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 03, 2022 Oct 03, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi all,

It looks like the gestures are conflicting with Window 11 gestures. Please turn off the Windows 11 gestures and check if that helps fix the rotate and undo/redo gestures.

Turn off gestures in Windows 11: https://techcult.com/how-to-disable-touchpad-gestures-on-windows-11/

Thanks,

Mohit

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines