• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Package option is disabled in Photoshop

New Here ,
Jan 22, 2019 Jan 22, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am trying to make a package file for my text, but the option is greyed out.  I can't find anywhere that has the fix for this problem, I saved the file but it won't let me package it after that.  All of the text is in the original text format, none of it is rasterized.

Capture.PNG

TOPICS
macOS , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jan 22, 2019 Jan 22, 2019

Have you save the document and does it have link objects the can be packaged?

Note: You must save a file before packaging the Linked Smart Objects that it contains.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you save the document and does it have link objects the can be packaged?

Note: You must save a file before packaging the Linked Smart Objects that it contains.

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 24, 2020 Jul 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This may or may not help, but I had the same problem and realized you cannot have any unsaved changes. It's not enough just to have saved the file at some point; all changes must be saved (and therefore no asterisk up in the filename in the tab). That did the trick for me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 30, 2021 Apr 30, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes It helped, thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 25, 2022 Mar 25, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This worked for me as well. I realized that saving to my computer rather than saving to the cloud may have contributed to the solution.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Aug 09, 2022 Aug 09, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Another way that Adobe - for every one or two good things it has done over the years - impedes and frustrates people who have REAL schedules, REAL pressures and REAL deadlines on machinery that may not be up to spec! ALL they need to do include a prompt to say 'save work before continuing' rather than having US looking on here for answers (ie to get traffic for their idiot site, overrun with pompous and dead idle 'experts' & mansplainers)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 27, 2020 Oct 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I embedded images and it un-greyed out for me. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jul 23, 2022 Jul 23, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, Zach5F84! I had the same problem and the option 'un-greyed' after I embedded my images.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 19, 2020 Nov 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My file was saved before, and the pacakge option was greyed out, after I tried to re-save (save as option) the file again, and it un-greyed out.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 19, 2020 Nov 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry, typo. I meant my file was saved before, and the pacakge option was greyed*.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 12, 2023 Mar 12, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Worked here as well! Thank you very much!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 18, 2022 Apr 18, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This worked for me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 01, 2020 Dec 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had the same problem. I then resaved the whole document and included the linked files in the illustrator option popup box. The option package then appeared again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 30, 2021 Mar 30, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just seeing this post now. 

I noticed I could not package if my file were embedded, but their orignal files were in the trash. 

Make sure every file you are using wether it be type, or an image is not in the trash. 

The "package" option for me, un-greyed itself when I placed these files back on my dektop.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 17, 2022 Feb 17, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Once I saved on my local machine rather than the cloud, it packaged JUST FINE.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 18, 2022 Feb 18, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try saving as an EPS and packaging from that file. Usually works for me!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Looks like there nothing to package. Save the file as is.

What is your intention with packaging?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 03, 2022 Aug 03, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

haha totally! thanks - just realized there is nothing to package

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 20, 2019 Jun 20, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

To capture the fonts that are used in the graphic. Just like you can do in Illustrator.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Dec 04, 2019 Dec 04, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I too am having the same issue. I have no linked smart objects. Everything was either opened directly or embedded. Still 'package' is greyed or is it grayed out.pkg.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 16, 2020 Jul 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have this exact situation. I am profoundly saddened to see the thread ends at exactly the question I need resolved.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Sep 20, 2020 Sep 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having this same problem. I have complex file to send to production, so I need the package function to collect the linked files. Package is grayed out- file has been saved. all layers are unlocked. this is a real train wreck. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 14, 2020 Oct 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Agree with this solution. The file I was trying to package was fully saved, but I had another file open (with simliar content) that was not fully saved. Once I made sure all of my open AI files were saved, I could then package the file I wanted. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 14, 2022 Nov 14, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Photoshop v 2023 would not let me File > Package... my .PSD file, until I had placed a Linked image in the Ps file.

With the placed Linked image in the Ps file I was able to Package my PSD file. The linked image was included in the Packeage 'Links' folder, however the fonts used in the Ps file were not included. The fonts were open source fonts and not part of the Adobe fonts collection. Any ideas?

Thank you,

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 14, 2022 Nov 14, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Photoshop v 2023 would not let me File > Package... my .PSD file, until I had placed a Linked image in the Ps file.

With the placed Linked image in the Ps file I was able to Package my PSD file. The linked image was included in the Packeage 'Links' folder, however the fonts used in the Ps file were not included. The fonts were open source fonts and not part of the Adobe fonts collection. Any ideas?

Thank you,  

By @kevin.brandon

If you are using JJ's script, I am afraid he passed away earlier this year so he won't be able to help you.  Some fonts that used to come with Photoshop are no longer available I imagine because of license changes.  If it is not possible to edit the package to use different fonts, could you find a similar font, and rename it.  I am not sure if that is even possible. i.e. does the fint name come from the file name, or is it embedded?  Just a thought and maybe worth a try.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines