• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

pen tool, created path and points colour change

Explorer ,
May 18, 2021 May 18, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a problem with the path editing/pen tool, I cannot get the created path and points to change colour. I use the tool to cut around shapes and then create a work path for cut outs and they are fairly hard to see on many of the images it would be nice if they showed up as the colour and width they are set to in the prefs. I have tried the fixes in this thread

https://community.adobe.com/t5/photoshop/path-options-greyed-out/td-p/9418954

but no joy. Any help would be appreciated.

OS Catalina 10.15.7 (19H1030)

PS 22.3.1

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , May 19, 2021 May 19, 2021

It looks like your GPU is not up to the task as the checkbox is greyed out. 

Edit: 

https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/kb/photoshop-cc-gpu-card-faq.html

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,
May 19, 2021 May 19, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Could you please post a screenshot with the pertinent Panels (Toolbar, Layers, Channels, Options Bar, …) and the Path Options-pop-up visible? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi here is a screen grab of my problem, I have added a few points to the image to show that the path is not as the setting or pref and a grab showing the setting and pref, I have been doing this sort of stuff for years and, to the best of my recollection, it has not been an issue. I'm not sure if something has changed within PS that has made the path less visible. As I said any help to at least make the path more visible appreciated

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What is the status of »Use Graphics Processor« in the Performance Preferences (Photoshop > Preferences > Performance > Graphic Processor Settings)? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi c.pfaffenbichler here is a grab of the pref you requested. I appreciate your time and effort 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It looks like your GPU is not up to the task as the checkbox is greyed out. 

Edit: 

https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/kb/photoshop-cc-gpu-card-faq.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks c.pfaffenbichler I will look into it. I not very 'techy' so may need to phone a friend ; )

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines