Community Beginner ,
Jun 19, 2020 Jun 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So I have a MAC 

I have a pencil 

I have an IPad pro

Why don't they work together?

I have seen 3rd party apps give an option to download an app in order to use the ipad pro with the pencil as an editing tool mirrored on the MAC. I shouldn't have to pay a 3rd party app. Why isn't this a standard possibility with adobe?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Jun 19, 2020 Jun 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

Apple Pencil 1st and 2nd generation does work with Photoshop for iPad. We need more details on your setup.

Please give us this info so we can best answer:

• iPad model
  • iOS version
  • pencil type and version
  • Photoshop for iPad version

Apple Pencil: https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT205236

System requirements: https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/system-requirements-ios.html

I've moved this from Photoshop to Photoshop for Mobile.

~ Jane

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 22, 2020 Jun 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Jane

The specific issue I have is that the Mac, iPad and pencil do not work together. I had asked an adobe member of staff in direct message and they told me it is not possible.
For example the potential use for the pencil should be that I can view my files on the mac and then use my pencil and iPad to edit. I should have full access to my photoshop with my actions etc.
However I can only see 3rd parties apps that offer that option or mirroring the mac and iPad.

I have downloaded the new photoshop and I have the new pencil and iPad pro.

For example then can you tell me how I do the above or how at least I use my pencil within the iPad photoshop with my actions?

thanks LJ

LJFphotography

[http://i.zdnet.com/blogs/facebook_logo.png]​

Mob 07884 587606

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 22, 2020 Jun 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Wait, are you using the Photoshop app for the iPad?  or are you using the Desktop app via a screen mirroring app like Astropad or Duet?  I'm a bit confiused,  since you're talking about your Mac 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 23, 2020 Jun 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello I am asking about using the Mac and IPad pro together, so my Ipad would work as the tool for editing, meaing I have full use of all my actions and that I can see that on the Mac. Astropad would allow me to do that but that is an additional cost. Why doesn't adobe support it as it is?

If I can't mirror my Mac can I get full use of photoshop on my IPad pro? Can I load all my actions into ipad pro?

Thanks 

LJ

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 23, 2020 Jun 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

To clarify, are you trying to use your iPad as a sidecar while you use PS on your iMac?

Photoshop is not one of the supported apps for sidecar, and no, you can't run the full version of PS on your iPad.

https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT210380

https://www.cnet.com/how-to/apple-sidecar-how-to-use-your-ipad-as-a-second-screen-for-your-mac/

Here are the supported apps for using your iPad as a sidecar:

Apple announced that Sidecar will work with these apps, but hopefully more will come in the future.

• Adobe Illustrator
  • Affinity Designer & Photo
  • Cinema 4D
  • CorelDraw
  • DaVinci Resolve
  • Final Cut Pro
  • Maya
  • Motion
  • Painter
  • Principle
  • Sketch
  • Substance Designer & Painter
  • ZBrush

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 24, 2020 Jun 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, this confirms the frustration that infact the ideal scenario of using a pencil to edit in my Ipad pro isn't possible nor is it possible to do it via my mac. 

What I assumed would or should be possible isn't at all. For me the Ipad photoshop version isn't full enough for me to do editing so therefore I am resigned to only use my mac with a mouse and not with the pencil that could have made it ideal. 

Hope that changes soon 🙂 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 24, 2020 Jun 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hope that changes soon 

Me too! 🙂 

~ Jane

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines