• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Photoshop 19 api-ms-win-core-synch-l1-1-0.dll missing

New Here ,
Dec 11, 2020 Dec 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Running Photoshop 19 on a windows 8.1 64 bit system. Everything was fine until a couple of days ago. Now Photoshop fails to initialize. Most of the time it says  missing api-ms-win-core-synch-l1-1-0.dll. That will pop up a few times then then pop up a message saying "could not initialize Photoshop due to a disk error."  Sometimes it just goes right to  the could not initialize error.  I have checked and I do have the  supposedly missing dll (in both windows folders where it belongs.) I had updated an unrelated program shortly before my Photoshop problems started, so I unstalled that and did a system restore to bring Windows back to a point where everything was working. That didn't help. I have uninstalled and reinstalled Photoshop probably a dozen times now (still version 19 because I can't upgrade any further on this version of Windows.)  Now I do have an old copy of Photoshop Elements that runs just fine, and all my other Creative Cloud Apps run. (Lightroom, etc - I have the photography plan.) I have scanned my harddrive for errors, I have defragged it, I have run CC Cleaner to get rid of any junk that ws hanging around.  I have plenty of free space on my hard drive, and ther only program that is giving me issues is Photoshop.  I have toyed with the ida of getting rid of the entire Creative Cloud suite and reinstalling, but I'm afraid I might break something else. I have also toyed with the idea of updating to Windows 10, but that seems like that would be a bigger hassel that could potentially break more things.  I could use some more ideas on what to try.... Googling has not helped me much.

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had this trouble too. It's caused by the latest Camera Raw update. You have to roll it back to an earlier version, such as 12.2.1, found here:

https://helpx.adobe.com/camera-raw/kb/camera-raw-plug-in-installer.html

Just download it and run it, it should replace your current Camera Raw and the error will go away. Make sure to turn off auto-update in your CC App so it doesn't overwrite it again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OMG it worked! Can I marry you?  LOL This is great - thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sure, let's get married. I'll meet you at the top of the Empire State Building.

Glad I could help. I was almost at the point of installing Windows 10 to fix it, and that would not have been a good idea.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 14, 2020 Dec 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Nooo... you can't, I'm going to marry him!

I, too, had gone through all the same stuff as you and then found this thread. Reverting back to an old version of Camera Raw solves the missing dll problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 15, 2020 Dec 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you so much! I had this issue today and there was no reason for it (no .dll missing, etc.).  Thank you - you are a holiday miracle!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 18, 2020 Dec 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you so much!!!! 

And thanks for the tip about turning the auto updates off for the CC App. Would have forgotten that otherwise.

You are indeed a Holiday Miracle 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 25, 2020 Dec 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you times 3!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 01, 2021 Jan 01, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you VERY much for this fix.  It worked great.  I've been going crazy trying to resolve this.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 13, 2020 Dec 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

got the same probleme with "missing api-ms-win-core-library-l1-2-0.dll" , did a rollback from cameraraw 13.1. to 12.4 and it works again. Thanks so much! using win 7 btw lol 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 16, 2020 Dec 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks mate! Two hour of searching a solution, then I came here. Thanks! I wish you best!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Dec 19, 2020 Dec 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Camera Raw now REQUIRES Windows 10, recent version. Would be nice if any updaters didn't try to install on obsolete systems and cause this mess.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines