• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Photoshop 2-2020 freezing while saving on Mac OS Catalina

Community Beginner ,
Dec 02, 2019 Dec 02, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm working on some photo restoration, often with 4-5 layers.  Photoshop freezes while I'm saving. It gets to 99% then just freezes. It happens on both my macbook pro and iMac.  Both updated to Catalina.  I'm having to force quit photoshop.  Occassionally it gives me a restored copy when it restarts, but not all the time and I'm losing a lot of work.  Incredibly frustrating.  Is there a fix?  Please tell me there's a fix.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Dec 02, 2019 Dec 02, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Sorry that Photoshop is freezing while you save a file on your Mac running OS Catalina. 

Please checkout the steps below:

1) Try going to the System Preferences of the macOS, then to Security and Privacy and add Photoshop to the Accessibility under the Privacy tab. Also, grant permissions to Photoshop 2020 under the Files and Folders section.

2) Turn on the Legacy Compositing option in Performance preferences. Choose Edit > Preferences > Performance (Windows) or Photoshop > Preferences > Performance (macOS). Select Legacy Compositing. Quit and relaunch Photoshop

Let us know how it goes.

Thanks,

Akash

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 03, 2019 Dec 03, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi thanks,

Just tired it and no.  It hasn't helped.  

PS isn't working on either my macbook or my imac.

I'm now two days behind in my work.

Please help!??

Terri

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Terri,

Sorry about the trouble caused.

Could you try resetting Photoshop's preferences & see if it helps? 
https://t.co/ulJI7cGn1G

You may want to backup your settings beforehand: 
https://t.co/4dX7gkr36D

Thanks,

Akash

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Akash, the problem appears to be that I was saving to an external hd.  I'm not saving to the cloud, which isn't ideal, but its working.

I really need to know an actual fix for this as I don't always have access to wifi while working.

I can see others are having the same problem.

Please let me know if there's a fix for this long term.

I did try resetting preferences, but that didn't work either.  

Thanks,

Terri

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 07, 2020 Jan 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Btw, this is STILL an issue.  is there a fix coming soon?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 27, 2020 Jan 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey Ive been having this issue for months now. Every since the new mac update. This is getting ridiculous. I've been behind on my work and missed a few deadlines already. Please fix this. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 04, 2020 Feb 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've been having the same issue for months also. It's very frustrating. I've been on chat support with adobe multiple times, had them drive my computer to fix the issue multiple times with little effect and then when I finally spoke to someone from they claimed that there's a mac hardware issue that's the root of the problem. The thing is, pre catalina Photoshop used to be able to save just fine and literally every other piece of software that I run on it seems to operate as it should. The only way I've found around the stalling is to save to the cloud, which isn't really what I want to be doing but better than losing or corrupting files.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 22, 2020 Feb 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having the same problem and it is incredibly frustrating. Can you pleae update if there is a fix by now? Thank you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 25, 2020 Feb 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I'm having the exact same problem and it's driving me nuts, up till 01.00am this morning trying to resolve it.

I click save after 30 minutes of editing, click save, it gets so far and just freezes! You can't shut photoshop down, because it says it's saving, when it isn't! Then it buggers up my external hard drive, what is the problem?

please give me an answer, cos it's driving me nuts!

thanks Al

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 13, 2020 Mar 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi All

I have the same issue, it's really extremely annoying. I've been in contact with apple also and they don't recognise the problem. Many times saving the edited file in Photoshop it gets stuck at 99%. I have to restart PSD in the hard way, many times the external HD gets problems rebooting after this while MacOs is wirting to drive while rebooting. Really annoying and I hope a solution will be offered swiftly while it's already months of irritation.

Bas

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 01, 2020 Feb 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 26, 2020 May 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Has this issue been addresses?? This just started happening to me last week and it's EXTREMELY FRUSTRATING!!! I'm not going to format my drive as mentioned in the link above, that's not an acceptable answer!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 12, 2020 Jun 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having this same issue, and I'm on a brand new MacBook Pro - less than a week old - with a completely fresh Photoshop install.  One of the reasons I bought a new machine in the first place was that I couldn't handle Photoshop crashing and assumed my 5-year-old computer was to blame (which it may have been; it wasn't on Catalina) but this is beyond frustrating.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 16, 2020 Jun 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've been experiencing the same thing on Mojave and truely believed Catalina would have fixed the issue... Not going to slap Apple but I'm getting more and more disappointed by them and/or Adobe compatibilities...

Anyway, I noticed the issue was related to the update of the thumbail of the file in the Finder while saving. This might cause the file to be corrupted (I don't know why) but I can guaranty you that if you remember disabling thumbails preview in the Finder or select another file while working on the one you need, the file won't crash while saving.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 09, 2022 Feb 09, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I am having this exact same issue. It just started once i updated my mac to the latest version. Someone help!?! What can i do to fix it????

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines