• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Photoshop 2018: Color Lookup, Abstract Profiles (Blacklight, etc.)

Explorer ,
Oct 22, 2017 Oct 22, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've discovered that several of the Color Lookups that were in the 2017 version are now gone. Abstract menu: Blacklight Poster, Pastel 8 Hues and more. Why would they remove them? I've gone back and found were the 2017 version was stores these, however the 2018 version is no longer structured the same. These folders are no longer were they once were.

I've copied the profiles from the 2017, and can use them with 2018 by the option: Load Abstract Profile...

I would like to put them the Profiles folder that holds the other Abstract Profiles, but...

I can not find the where Photoshop is holding the Profiles. I've searched in both the application folder and the Library/Application Support folder.

Where, oh where, can they be?

Anyone know what would happen when opening a file using one of these missing Lookups? Are they embedded in the file?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Still here in photoshop cc 2018 running on macOS High Sierra.

What operating system are you using?

cololup.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OK, that's disappointing on my end. I'm also CC 2018 on Mac High Sierra.

Can you find where these files are stored?

Screen Shot 2017-10-22 at 10.53.57 AM.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 18, 2020 Apr 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you ever figure this out? I am in the same boat right now with a Mac and I cannot get all of the abstract profiles. I'm really hoping to get gold crimson. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 29, 2020 Apr 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey Sydneyl7, were you able to resolve this? I am having the same problem with my Mac :(. And, I am also looking for Gold Crimson abstract profile.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jan 13, 2021 Jan 13, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is infuriating! It seems the Abstract and Device link options are completely redundant unless you want to simply make your own, i am using windows and the issue is the same here.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 15, 2018 Jun 15, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Não funciona não...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So it took 4.5 hours in the chat queue. Another 2+ hours with 2 techs which included a creepy connection taking over my computer. Reinstalls which did not work. The tech used 2017 files from back up files to get these options back.

Over 7 hours for this issue.

The tech was about to leave his blowing up all of my Creative Cloud apps preferences before I reminded him of how he left it. He went back and seemingly fixed, but he didn't. He broke all the connections to all the Adobe apps. Creative Cloud did not recognize them on my computer; it wouldn't even let me do an uninstall. So, delete and reinstall all of it.

This is after, one week ago, doing a clean install to remove all my junk files. Hours of work ruined. Adobe's tech destroyed that today.

Really, really not a fan of Adobe right now.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 27, 2017 Nov 27, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you using Windows 10?  I didn't have this issue prior to switching to Windows 10, but I do now,

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 27, 2017 Nov 27, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No, a Mac. All traces of Photoshop needed to be uninstalled including all hidden support files. Then reinstalled. Good luck.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 17, 2018 Mar 17, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Encoutered the same problem myself. However in my case - all was installed absolutely afresh, so in order to try to save time - and after some creative   thinking - came up with the following:

Copy the color profiles you are missing (.icc) from the "Color Profiles" folder to the "Color"->"MPProfiles" folder.

Worked for me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 22, 2018 May 22, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Maybe this helpsPfad ColorLookup.JPG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 08, 2018 Aug 08, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Great!! Thanks for sharing! It works like a charm for me.

Cheers,

C.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Aug 22, 2018 Aug 22, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

this set should be downloadable from somewhere, no?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 20, 2019 Jul 20, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It is not. All that is available for download are color presets more directed toward uniform color spaces.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just encountered the same problem. I'm using  the most current version of Photoshop CC and Windows 10 Pro (both were fresh, clean installs.) I followed all of the suggested solutions for this issue, only be wind up at the same place. The profile files are GONE. Period.

1. Don't bother with Adobe's chat support. They will commandeer your computer and tell you that you have what Adobe provides. It's a waste of at least an hour of time.
  2. Of course, they will still want to use remote PC control AFTER you've already TOLD them that you've done a thorough search and that the files are simply NOT THERE.
  3. Adobe support will NOT offer to send you the missing files. You wind up connected to support in India with someone who really doesn't know much about Photoshop beyond the "binder texts".

I'm starting to think no one at Adobe knows the answer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here is the solution I found that worked (Windows 10; current PS CC version):

1. Find a means for downloading the files. Me, I searched for "blacklightposter.icc" on Google and eventually found a repository for the missing files. Do so at your own risk, of course. The ones I found worked fine. Save them to a folder.
  2. Open this directory location: C:\Windows\System32\spool\drivers\color
  3. Copy and paste the downloaded files into C:\Windows\System32\spool\drivers\color
  4. Load PS. Use a "Color Lookup" layer. Click on "Abstract" or "Device Link".
  5. When prompted to "Load Profile", click "Cancel" (Note: you will have to do this step EVERY time you want to use something from the "Abstract" or "Device Link" drop down lists.)
  6. The options you're looking for should then show up in the drop-down menus. The files persist, so you should only have to do the "copy and paste" step one time. You do have to repeat Step 5 on each use.

All we need are the files. Would it really be THAT hard for Adobe to provide them?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jan 12, 2021 Jan 12, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't suppose you could give a clue as to which site you used to download?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 30, 2020 Apr 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here are the steps on how to add missing profiles to Color Lookup > Abstract (Abstract Profiles) in Mac:
1. Open Finder window
2. Search for "Black & White.icc" file in the search box located in the top right corner of Finder window or search for ".icc"
3. Once you find the file, right click and click "Show in Enclosing Folder", keep this window open as we will be copying the missing profile here. Generally, it should be here in your mac
(Macintosh HD > Library > ColorSync > Profiles)
4. Go back to step 2 again
5. Now Search for your profile that you want to add. Example "GoldCrimson.icc" or "just type first few letters of your desired profile". Generally, it should be somewhere here (Macintosh HD > Library > Application Support > Adobe > Color Profiles)
6. Once you find your profile, right click and copy
7. Now paste your profile to the finder window that was opened in step 3
8. Reopen Photoshop and you should see your missing profile now
9. Enjoy

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 05, 2022 Apr 05, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank your for this post. It worked ! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 08, 2023 Nov 08, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks!! It worked perfectly in v.2024

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines