• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Photoshop 2020 21.0.2 on macOS Catalina 10.15.1: File save dialogue box not showing

Community Beginner ,
Dec 23, 2019 Dec 23, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

• Adobe Photoshop 2020 21.0.2
  • macOS Catalina 10.15.1

Somehow, with Photoshop 2020, when trying to save a file (File > Save As) or trying to export it as a JPEG (File > Export > Quick Export as JPEG), the file save dialogue never shows up, and I cannot save any file. This is making Photoshop completely useless.

What can I do to fix this?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Dec 23, 2019 Dec 23, 2019

Hi there,

We are sorry about the experience with Photoshop 2020 on your Mac.

Please add Photoshop 2020 to the Accessibility list for macOS by going to the System Preferences for your Mac, then Security and Privacy and then the Privacy tab. Also, grant permissions to Photoshop under the Files and Folders list, then restart the computer.

You can try resetting the preferences of Photoshop using the steps mentioned in the link below to check if that helps.

https://helpx.adobe.com/in/photoshop/using/preferences.html

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 23, 2019 Dec 23, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

We are sorry about the experience with Photoshop 2020 on your Mac.

Please add Photoshop 2020 to the Accessibility list for macOS by going to the System Preferences for your Mac, then Security and Privacy and then the Privacy tab. Also, grant permissions to Photoshop under the Files and Folders list, then restart the computer.

You can try resetting the preferences of Photoshop using the steps mentioned in the link below to check if that helps.

https://helpx.adobe.com/in/photoshop/using/preferences.html

You may want to backup your actions, brushes, etc. before resetting the preferences. You can check the below mentioned link for details.

https://helpx.adobe.com/in/photoshop/using/preset-migration.html

Regards,

Nikunj

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 31, 2019 Dec 31, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Nikunj,

Thank you for your advice. Now that you mention this, I realise it makes sense given the tighter security controls in Catalina.

I couldn't find Photoshop 2020 in "Files and Folders," but it was listed unchecked in "Full Disk Access." I checked it and now Photoshop shows the Save As dialogue box again.

Thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 31, 2019 Dec 31, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Glad that helped. Please let us know if you need assistance with anything else.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 06, 2020 Jan 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Nikunj,

• Adobe Photoshop 2020 21.0.2
  • macOS Catalina 10.15.2

I have the same problem, when I click "cmd+s" or "cmd+shift+s"on a new document, nothing happens, same when I try to do it via "File > save/save as".
However, if I try to close that new unsaved document the dialog box appears: "are you sure you want to close the document? don't save - cancel - save"
If I click save, nothing happens again. 
All "Export" options work fine.

I have tried all the settings you instructed above, but it still does not work.

I appreciate your help.

Alicia.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 07, 2020 Jan 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Alicia,

Have you added Photoshop 2020 to the Full disk access list as well? Remino_net was not able to find Photoshop under Files and Folders but was able to grant permissions to Photoshop 2020 through Full Disk Access.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 07, 2020 Jan 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have. Once I granted permissions to Photoshop 2020 through "Full Disk Access", the "Files and Folders" permission to Photoshop was automatically set.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 09, 2023 Aug 09, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

ive had the same problem - cannot find a fix - i've done as advised with all the above

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines