• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Photoshop 2020 Creating Empty Folders When Saving

Participant ,
Nov 04, 2019 Nov 04, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I open a jpg file from Box Drive with Photoshop, make some edits and save the file in the exact same file format and name, Photoshop creates its own child folder (labeled Photoshop) next to the file that was just edited and saved. Why? How can I turn this feature off? I really don't need an extra empty folder in Box's Cloud file structure. Please help.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Dec 10, 2019 Dec 10, 2019

It is listed in the fixed issues for version 21.0.2

https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/kb/fixed-issues.html

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
replies 100 Replies 100
New Here ,
Nov 05, 2019 Nov 05, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same thing happens for me when I edit/save files on our shared drive. Please Help!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 06, 2019 Nov 06, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same problem too. This is really a problem because the folder does not delete itself automatically ... Has anyone already found a solution?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 06, 2019 Nov 06, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Also having this problem as of updating to PS2020. We save files to a shared server and the new Photoshop 2020 app is creating empty folders titled 'Photoshop" in the directory of the saved .psd file.

PhotoShop 21.0.0
iMac (late 2015)
OS High Sierra 10.13.4

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Nov 07, 2019 Nov 07, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

same here! really annoying when working professionally with many directories and many network drives

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

having the same issue when saving to an external. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having the same problem too. is this a bug?

I running macOS 10.15.1 Catalina
tks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes I'm also having this issue, has anyone found a solution? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No word from Adobe. No solution yet.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 08, 2019 Nov 08, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I find this absurd and unprofessional ...

I can't believe that every time an adobe update comes up, there are both obvious and annoying problems.

Is there a minimum of control or do they work like naive?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same issue here. We save to a file server. I have 4 users saving files all over the place so this is rediculous!! I am getting so sick of Adobe updates!!! Destroying workflows every single time!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you imagine my situation with 20 users working on the server at the same time?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is unacceptable and I feel your pain! I thought the 'excuse' for a subsription service was that new enhancements and features could be rolled out as developed... which surely means tested first!! Every update from Adobe we lose serious hours of lost production time!! I'm now having to reinstall on each work station as each user chose to update rather than install as new leaving the existing version!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having the same issue. Blank Photoshop folders all over the place!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 18, 2019 Nov 18, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please try saving the image as Save As.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 18, 2019 Nov 18, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Good Morning,

I've tried this; unfortunately the same result. 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 11, 2019 Nov 11, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same here, yet another bug-ridden release from Adobe for their professional users. Their solution? Make pointless versions for the iPad that nobody needs.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes when opening a file from a server, making an edit, and saving (overwriting it) back to the server, Photoshop 2020 (21.0.0 or 21.0.1) is leaving an empty "Photoshop" folders next to the edited file. 

If you watch closely while the saving process is happening, you can see it writes the new edited file as a temporary file into this Photoshop folder during the saving process.  Then the temp file then disappears, when it actually moves it to take the place of the now deleted old file, and then that Photoshop folder is left behind.  This does not happen when working from local hard drives.

Adobe do any of your beta testers use a server?  That would help catch this kind of thing.  Just an idea.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Apparently not. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe: Oh, you use Photoshop with a "server?"  Ahhhhh...yea we don't support that.  At least until we fix that bug.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Box Drive. Yes.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 12, 2019 Nov 12, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I spoke to our IT support company and they said Adobe will try to hide behind the 'saving to server is not Adobe's recomendation'... which is absolute nonsense!! I have many friends that work at other companies and everyone in the design industry saves to a file server. The fact adobe have been looking at beta options to optimise saving to a server demonstrates that they must know this is normal working practice!!

So, once again, Adobe release an update without proper testing. This is unacceptable considering we all pay a high premium for their software. We will not consider changing our working practice, so Adobe need to sort this mess out, and sort it promptly.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same bug happens now after the last update to Photoshop 2020 (macOS 10.14.5)

In my case when I save .psd files (usually on a local server) it now creates an empty Photoshop folder.

This doesn’t happen if I save directly to my desktop f.e. and also not if I save a .jpg for web use.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In my case except in any format on server and creates folder.

I didn't check if I had to save on desktop...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think that saving to a local server causes the problem.

Like someone already mentioned, this shouldn’t happen as most people working in the creative sector don’t save important files on their computer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines