• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Photoshop 2020 will not render an animation - macOS 10.15.3

Explorer ,
Feb 27, 2020 Feb 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm trying to render an animation that I created in Photoshop v21.1. The progress bar maxes out in the Initializing Video Export dialog box, but the file never renders.

I've checked for updates. I've uninstalled and reinstalled. I've granted full disk access to Photoshop in my Security and Privacy, and none it has worked.  I've even opened old files that I've rendered in the past, and they will not render either. 

I've never had this problem before. Any help would be appreciated. 

I'm using a Mac Pro that's running Catalina Version 10.15.3.

{Thread renamed by moderator}

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Explorer , May 20, 2020 May 20, 2020

I'm happy to say that I updated my Photoshop to version 21.1.3 this morning, and animations will now render again. If you haven't updated, and you are still having a problem, getting the newest version of Photoshop may be the solution to the problem. 

Good luck!

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 27, 2020 Feb 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

That should not be happening, thanks for sharing the system info and version.

Could you please try deselecting "Use Graphics Processor" located in Photoshop's Preferences > Performance, then relaunch Photoshop and let us know if it helps?

Regards,
Sahil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Mar 02, 2020 Mar 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sahil,

Thanks for the suggestion. I tried the fix, but it didn't work. The progres bar still maxes out, but the file never renders.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same... I've tried uninstalling and installing an older version to try and get back to the version 2 weeks ago that worked. No luck yet.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same here.

I've gone so far as installing the version 20.08 that's available on the Creative Cloud App, and it doesn't work either. 

This is a new one for me. Animating and exporting MP4s in Photoshop has become a pretty big part of what I do at work.  I've never ran into a problem like this. The sooner this can get fixed, the better. If not, it's going to seriously disrupt my workflow. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 28, 2020 Nov 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you ever get this to work for you again? I'm having the same issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 06, 2020 Dec 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This was the solution for me. Thank you Sahil.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Mar 11, 2020 Mar 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sahil,

Yesterday, I installed the Photoshop version 20.08 that's still available through CC. After I installed the old version, I tried the suggestion that you made about changing the Performance Preferences and restarting. Unfortunately, it didn't work either. I'm still getting the spinning pinwheel when the progress bar maxes out on all verions. 

I'd welcome any additional suggestions.

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Mar 19, 2020 Mar 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's been three weeks since I received a response from Adobe, but I wanted to update this thread with the latest info that I have in hopes that it helps to find a solution to the problem that several people are having.  

I updated to the latest version of Photoshop this morning. I then tried to render a simple animation file that I have stored on my machine, and it did not render. I am still running into the same issue as with the previous version(s). 

I was able to have the file rendered on another machine here at work that has not been updated to the latest version of Mac's OS.  My assumption is still that this has to do with Photoshop and the latest version of Catalina not playing well together. 

I hope this helps to find a solution. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 02, 2020 Aug 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I want to flag that I'm also seeing this issue.

Running PS CC 21.2.1 on a 16" 2019 (AMD Radeon Pro 5500M 8 GB)

Have tried turning off graphics processer with no luck. 

Please sort this issue Adobe. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having the same issue. It must be tied to a recent update, because this wasn't happening until last week. Please fix this quickly. I'm trying to make animations and videos for clients... like now!

I tried the solution suggested below and I'm still stuck at "initializing video export" with the spinning wheel of death.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Mar 06, 2020 Mar 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm still waiting on another potential solution. The issue is not fixed. I'm starting to think that this is a lost cause. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Mar 09, 2020 Mar 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's been over a week. The file still will not render, and I have not received any additonal potential fixes since the initial one. My deadline for the animation is less than a week away. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there! I have exactly the same problem, and have tried all of the above. The weird thing, my colleague who has the same Photoshop version and the same computer does not. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm beginning to wonder if it's an OS issue where my Mac and Photoshop aren't playing well together.

If there isn't a solution before a deadline that I have, I'm going to try to run the file on another machine here at work. Hopefully, that works.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 16, 2020 Apr 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having the same issue when trying to export animations to video with PS. I have uninstalled and reinstalled, made sure PS has full disk access, deselected "use graphics processor," updated Catalina (now at 10.15.4) and have no luck. I'm in the same boat as many of you, clients waiting on work and software that isn't allowing me to deliver. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 30, 2020 Jul 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Exactly the same problem here. Still hoping for some new solution.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 11, 2020 Oct 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same problem. And yes, it has been a problem for several years apparantly. THIS IS ABSURD! FIX THIS ISSUE ADOBE!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 11, 2020 Oct 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What's even more absurd. 10 seconds after writing the above post, I tried again just out of stubbornness and magically it work....

I guess sometimes a rant fixes stuff... Completely illogical!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
May 20, 2020 May 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm happy to say that I updated my Photoshop to version 21.1.3 this morning, and animations will now render again. If you haven't updated, and you are still having a problem, getting the newest version of Photoshop may be the solution to the problem. 

Good luck!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jul 08, 2020 Jul 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

21.2.0 and still the same problem. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jul 08, 2020 Jul 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What GPU everybody is using?
Adobe told me the problem is with my GPU. 

https://helpx.adobe.com/in/photoshop/kb/photoshop-cc-gpu-card-faq.html#sa_src=web-messaging

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jul 13, 2020 Jul 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My mac has an AMD FirePro D500 3 GB GPU. The type of GPU may be the problem, but I feel like it's because of something within Photoshop. I'd done animations for quite some time in Photoshop without a problem. Then, all of a sudden, it didn't work. I reported the problem, and nothing was done. Then, after several months of having other people run my renders, out of the blue, the problem was fixed. I was able to render animations that originally failed without a problem. Then, as quick as it was fixed, it's broken AGAIN. It's a frustrating mess.

With that being said, you might try something that has worked for me. I've actually had really good luck with running the finalized PSD file through Media Encoder. I've built my animations as I normally would, saved the file, opened Media Encoder, dropped the file into the Que, clicked the PLAY button, and boom...an MP4 is born.

I hope this helps. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 30, 2020 Nov 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's amazing how great your workaround soluition is! Using Media Encoder the way you described solved my problem very quickly.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 12, 2021 Mar 12, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I see this is an old thread but the problem still persists for me. We are working on PC though, so it's not the OS/Processor issue that some suspect. I can't get anything to happen but spinning when I choose to render video to mp4. It spins forever and then freezes. I tried your media encoder trick and was so hopeful but for me, it flattens the art and does nothing for animation's made (from Photoshop frame animations). So sad and frustrated, especially because nobody else in my office seems to have the same issue. 😞

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines