• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Photoshop 2020 will not render an animation - macOS 10.15.3

Explorer ,
Feb 27, 2020 Feb 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm trying to render an animation that I created in Photoshop v21.1. The progress bar maxes out in the Initializing Video Export dialog box, but the file never renders.

I've checked for updates. I've uninstalled and reinstalled. I've granted full disk access to Photoshop in my Security and Privacy, and none it has worked.  I've even opened old files that I've rendered in the past, and they will not render either. 

I've never had this problem before. Any help would be appreciated. 

I'm using a Mac Pro that's running Catalina Version 10.15.3.

{Thread renamed by moderator}

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Explorer , May 20, 2020 May 20, 2020

I'm happy to say that I updated my Photoshop to version 21.1.3 this morning, and animations will now render again. If you haven't updated, and you are still having a problem, getting the newest version of Photoshop may be the solution to the problem. 

Good luck!

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
New Here ,
Jul 15, 2020 Jul 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What is going on with Adobe? When I tried exporting a sequence of photos as a video today for the first time in maybe 6+ months, the program just hangs with the "Initializing Video Export" progress bar, with the bar completed all the way to the right and the circle just spinning endlessly.  When I googled the problem, it looks like it's an issue that has been around for years and with several different version of photoshop.  What's wrong with the programmer there?  Can't they fix their own software?  I have a 2019 MBP with a Core i9 CPU, 32GB of ram, 2TB SSD, and a Radeon Pro Vega 20 GPU, running Catalina (10.15.6) and Photoshop 2020 (21.2.0).  

This is truly pathetic that Adobe can't fix something that has plagued their premier app for so many years.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jul 16, 2020 Jul 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the exact same problem. Have you tried the Media Encoder route? It worked for me on several animations that I was working on.

It's in my response above, but I'll send it your way just in case. 

I've actually had really good luck with running the finalized PSD file through Media Encoder. I've built my animations as I normally would, saved the file, opened Media Encoder, dropped the file into the Que, clicked the PLAY button, and boom...an MP4 is born.

Good luck. I hope you can get it to work. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 01, 2020 Aug 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks so much for this out-of-photoshop solution. As I don't have media encoder I downloaded a test-version (7 days), and it works perfectly. By the way I have the latest available version of photoshop (21.2.1) and it still doesn't work. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 19, 2020 Oct 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for this solution. I have the latest Photoshop running and this is the first time having this issue. But the Media Encoder tip still works!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 14, 2021 Mar 14, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was having the same issue with my updated version of PS 22.3. Spinning wheel would just keep spinning. I am using a Dell xps 15 with windows 10 however. This morning I finally found a solution that worked for me. 

By default the system is giving PS the use of the standard internal graphics card. However on the system I have an Nvidia GTX 1650Ti,  if you go into the graphics card itself, in the advanced 3d settings section you can access a menu which allows you to specify which programs can use the Nvidia card. Once I added PS to the list and restarted the program the render ran without fault. 

Hope this helps somebody. 

Ciaran

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 26, 2021 May 26, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I´ve had this issue more than once on multiple versions of PS. The timeline window needs to be open when PS starts and it requires a full reboot of the computer, not just a restart of PS. This should solve the issue? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 10, 2021 Nov 10, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I am running on the OS Monterey version 12.0.1 with a 2019 Macbook... 

the same problem persists. 

Any recommendations would be very helpful.

Cheers.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines