Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Photoshop 2021 & MBP 16" 2019 Zooming Glitch [Green Screen]

Explorer ,
Jun 07, 2021 Jun 07, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

I'm experiencing a bug that pretty much renders my Photoshop useless unless I'm using an external monitor. Note that I primarily use an external monitor for my design needs and when working in that set-up, this glitch doesn't happen. However, whenever I'm working directly from my MBP's screen, this consistently happens. Whenever I zoom an image more than 100%, part of the image either goes black or green as shown in the attached video

Has anybody else experienced this and/or have any possible resolutions?

Thank you.

["Green Screen" added to subject by moderator]

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jun 07, 2021 Jun 07, 2021

Hi @jusroy 

Can you try this: go to Preferences >Technology Previews > enable Deactivate Native Canvas. Quit Photoshop and relaunch.

~ Jane

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Jun 07, 2021 Jun 07, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @jusroy 

Can you try this: go to Preferences >Technology Previews > enable Deactivate Native Canvas. Quit Photoshop and relaunch.

~ Jane

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jun 08, 2021 Jun 08, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That worked! Thank you Jane for your assistance.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 08, 2021 Jun 08, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You're welcome @jusroy 

~ Jane

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 21, 2021 Jun 21, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@jusroy , do you see green screen issues when using Photoshop without ever attaching an external monitor?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

With my external monitor hooked up, a similar bug would happen but instead of green, the entire canvas would either go black or parts of it would appear blank white when zooming in and out (to certain scales). Without the monitor hooked up (just working from my MBP’s screen), it was exclusively showing up as a green glitch. Enabling the checkbox ‘Deactivate Native Canvas’ has so far eliminated all of this behaviour with both the external monitor hooked up and just working exclusively on my MBP’s screen.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When Photoshop launches, it sets its default display to whatever screen it first draws to. If you launch Photoshop without the monitor connected, then quit Photoshop, your laptop will be your default display. Then, if you connect a display while Photoshop is running, then move the app to the other display, you've changed the display to your external, and that confuses Photoshop.

The next time this happens, quit Photoshop, set up your hardware and displays the way you want them, lauch Photoshop and put it onto the screen you wish to use as your 'main' display, then quit Photoshop. The next time you start Photoshop, it should be trained on the correct display and the green should not happen.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

This is helpful, @Mark.Dahm , thank you !

~ Jane

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines