I am trying to export a gif in Photoshop's "Save for Web" and I can't, because a warning appears saying:
"could not complete this operation. An unknowed error has occured"
I read about this error, here on the platform and it said that it could be due to the photoshop version, and that I should update the version. However, I have already updated, right now the version I have is 22.4.2 and it still gives the same error when I try to do "save for web".
Does anyone know how I can fix this error? or what it is?
Without any info about your system, your document and your settings nobody can tell you much. Could be as trivial as a permissions issue where the export plug-in can't generate its temp files, could be anything else. You need to be more specific for anyone to take a guess.
We're sorry about the trouble with Photoshop 22.4.2 while trying to Export your GIF. Would you mind telling us which macOS version are you working on? What are the dimensions of the file you're trying to export?
If you're using macOS Catalina or macOS Big Sur, please ensure that Photoshop has the necessary permissions by following the steps mentioned below:
1. Go to the System Preferences for your Mac, then Security and Privacy, then select the Privacy tab.
2. Then select Accessibility from the list to the left & check if Photoshop is added to the list with a check mark in front of it.
3. If Photoshop is not a part of the list, please add it by unlocking the window first using the lock at the bottom left, then clicking the + icon & navigating to the Applications folder.
4. Also, grant permissions to Photoshop under Full disk access located in the same list as Accessibility.
5. Once done, restart the Mac & check if it helps.
If the issue persists, you can try to reset the preferences of Photoshop using the steps mentioned here: https://adobe.ly/2Qzc0K3