• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Photoshop 7.0 unable to update

New Here ,
Jun 03, 2021 Jun 03, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just bought a New in the box photoshop 7.0. It installed on my windows 10 computer ok, but i cannot upload Raw files. when i try to update i get the following message...

"File could not be downloaded

http://cgi...tform=ODLLVer=2.8.3.AOMVer=2.8.3.3 

"There was a problem connecting to Adobe online please checkyour network settings in the internet control panel"

I turned off Virus software and firewalls to see if that would help, but no luck. i am also not able to register product either. 

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Jun 04, 2021 Jun 04, 2021

Photoshop 7.0 is really, really, really old. And you probably didn't get a legit copy.

You need to get your money back and sign up for Adobe Creative Cloud instead.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
LEGEND ,
Jun 04, 2021 Jun 04, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Photoshop 7.0 is really, really, really old. And you probably didn't get a legit copy.

You need to get your money back and sign up for Adobe Creative Cloud instead.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 04, 2021 Jun 04, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, that's probably what I will do.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 15, 2021 Jun 15, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

If you mean the original Photoshop 7 from 2002, the in-program update and (optional) registration features will no longer work, but you can still download the final update to 7.0.1 (ps701up.exe or one of the regional equivalents) here:

ftp://ftp.adobe.com/pub/adobe/photoshop/win/7.x/

Most modern web browsers don't support FTP, but you can simply paste that link into a Windows Explorer (file browser) address bar and it will connect, or use a browser like Pale Moon that still supports FTP, or a dedicated FTP client. I have tested applying this update under Windows 10, and it completes successfully. PS 7.01 works well under Windows 10 as long as you use partitions with <1TB free space for saving files and the scratch disk (it can, however, read files from much larger disks). It's fine on a typical laptop with a 1TB or smaller SSD.

Unfortunately, this update won't help with raw file support. In the PS7 era, the Camera Raw plugin was an extra product you had to purchase separately. This was never updated for modern cameras, and is long discontinued. You can, however, use a third party raw converter to export a tiff file that PS7 can read. Some of the camera manufacturers' own converters are free and suprisingly good, like NX Studio from Nikon, or you could look at the free versions of Capture One Express for Nikon, Sony and Fuji, or Open Source alternatives like RawTherapee and Darktable.

If you mean the later Photoshop Elements 7 rather than Photoshop 7, Adobe Camera Raw is available as a free download, but the last version that will work is 5.6:

https://helpx.adobe.com/camera-raw/kb/camera-raw-compatible-applications.html

You can get that here:

ftp://ftp.adobe.com/pub/adobe/photoshop/cameraraw/win/5.x/

Unfortunately, recent cameras aren't supported directly:

https://helpx.adobe.com/camera-raw/kb/camera-raw-plug-supported-cameras.html

You may be able to use the DNG converter to convert your raw files into a format that ACR 5.6 can read:

https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/digital-negative.html

Or again use a third party raw converter to generate a tiff file you can load directly into Elements.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines