• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Photoshop CC Render Video stuck at Initializing Video Export.

Community Beginner ,
Oct 25, 2017 Oct 25, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi.

I have Photoshop and Illustrator, yearly CC subscription.

Decided to trial After Effects (it also automatically installs Media Encoder).

But after installation, Photoshop is somehow unable to render any video (timeline video), it is stuck at "initializing video export".

Searching through internet didn't help, couldn't resolve the issue.

Things I've tried:

Uninstalling After Effects -  didn't help

Completely uninstalling Creative Cloud and reinstalling -  didn't help

Restore the so-called Photoshop Preferences file  - didn't help (did it with shortcut, message appeared as expected).

Tried to disable OpenGL - didn't help

So here I am

I am on Mac.

Help me pls or the only solution I see is to reset my Mac.

Thanks you in advance!!!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Feb 19, 2018 Feb 19, 2018

I fixed it.

I did not have my Premiere Pro and After Affects installed.
After Installing them, some engine must have kicked in, because now I no longer have any hangs at all initializing ANY video functions and/or rendering.
Running Windows 10.

Funny thing; after I reinstalled Premiere and After Effects, I played with them and no longer have a need to do video in Photoshop. 

But it IS FIXED. 

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
New Here ,
Jul 08, 2020 Jul 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

MacOS 10.15.4    Photoshop 21.2.0

Same Problem, and the keychain thing worked for me as well, as it is explained in english allready, i will write it down in German, cause the nameing is a little confusing.

Also: alle Adobe Programme schliessen, inkl. creative cloud, Schlüsselbundverwaltung öffnen, unter Schlüsselbunde - Anmeldung, Kategorie - Sichere Notizen, alle Adobe Einträge löschen, sonst nichts.  Photoshop neu starten, Achtung mann muss sich neu Anmelden. Und dann funktionierts!

And yes, it would be time to solve that problem from Adobe`s side......

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 13, 2020 Nov 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you, this worked for me. Mac OS Mojave 10.14.6, Photoshop 22

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 21, 2020 Aug 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

THANK YOU!!! This worked for me as well. Quite simple.

Mac users, just use the spotlight and type in Keychain Access, hit enter and once it opens it's straightforward.

Thanks aScreen Shot 2020-08-22 at 2.13.57 pm.pnggain, @JAR52 👍

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 26, 2020 Aug 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you, this worked for me.

Video export was working for me a couple days ago, but I started running into this issue today. The only thing that changed I can think of is I installed Bridge.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 10, 2020 Oct 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just here to say THANK YOU. This worked for me also, after spending quite a bit of time trying to figure it out.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 27, 2020 Oct 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 02, 2020 Dec 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Worked on OS Big Sur!! Thank you so much!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 15, 2021 Apr 15, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes it works!!!! OsX Big Sur 

I opened the keychain, went to the category - secure notes, then deleted all Adobe entries, nothing else.

Restart Photoshop, be careful you have to log in again. And then it works!

I tried hundreds of tricks before I found this solution (which works perfectly)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 07, 2021 May 07, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yep, STILL happening. It was happening for me over a year ago too. Tried so many different things. Now on Big Sur 11.3 and JUST updated to the latest PS 22.3.1. 

But, trashing the Adobe User and App keychains worked.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 10, 2020 Jun 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

This is great that it got fixed in this way, however i have the same issue but i dont wish to use my desk space by installing programs I wont use. Any one for a fix? it's 2020 and adobe not fixed this yet!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 05, 2020 Jul 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ditto same problem. It's getting very frustrating.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 27, 2020 Aug 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Installing Premiere and After Effects is NOT the fix, despite it being flagged as such.

I am on a Mac Pro running 10.14.6 OS against PS 21.2.1

The solution is to
- Quit out of all Adobe apps, including Creative Cloud
- Delete your Adobe keychains from Keychain Access (as another user in this thread indicated).
- Reboot
- Launch PS, which will force you to log in again with username and password.
- Export / Render Video did not hang after these steps.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 20, 2020 Sep 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all,

I still have the same issue. I have tried all the suggested changes and it is still not ticking over from the loading bar.

Has anyone got any other suggestions?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 15, 2020 Oct 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm running Catalina 10.15.7 and Photoshop 2020 on a 2017 MacbookPro. I have been having this problem for a while. Before now, all I had to do was close all other Adobe apps and then Render Video would work. As of today, nothing I did worked.

So, I opened Photoshop > Preferences > Performance and in the upper right hand corner, I UNclicked Use Graphics Processor.

That works, but I consider it very temporary. Performance is horrible without the Graphics Processor, so I have to switch back and forth.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Oct 28, 2020 Oct 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I quit all Adobe APPs and Creative Cloud and boom! I worked. Tks all!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 05, 2020 Nov 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not really a fix, but works for me:
Throw the PSD document onto Media Encoder

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jan 25, 2023 Jan 25, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Wow, I had no idea you could do that! Closing Bridge made Photoshop's export work, but this is THE solution. Now I can export video in batches without tying up Photoshop!

Thanks!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hm, actually this doesn't work. It seemed like it was rendering but it only creates a video of the correct length but with one static image for the entire time. Let me know if you actually got Media encoder to render video from PSDs--if not, back to the drawing board 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 14, 2020 Nov 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It helped me:

Close Photoshop.

Hold down the Shift key and launch Photoshop. A dialog appears during launch that reads "Skip loading optional and third-party plug-ins?"

Click Yes to skip loading optional and third-party plug-ins.

If you run Photoshop again in normal mode, the Render Video command works fine. The error can be repeated after restarting the computer. Photoshop 2020, Photoshop 2021, Mac Os Mojave 10.14.6

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 16, 2020 Nov 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Amazing! I only get this error when the Bridge program is running. Once the Bridge is not running, the Render Video command works fine.
I've tried the "Skip loading optional plug-ins and third-party plug-ins?" Sometimes it helps, sometimes it doesn't.
It seems to me the problem is not fixed. Photoshop 2020, Photoshop 2021, Mac Os Mojave 10.14.6, MacBook Pro (Retina, 15-inch, Mid 2015), external monitor 27"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Dec 06, 2020 Dec 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've been having the same issue after PS updates on my iMac Retina for the last couple of years. I've had many shared desktop sessions with support (who all try their best). Closing Bridge also worked for me today. I'm on Catalina 10.15.7 and PS 22.01. As a retired programmer (I used to work with Unix and Cobol) I would strongly suggest that Adobe need to update their error checking to establish what the actual cause of the hang up is down to. Support installed After Effects and Media Encoder claiming it loaded drivers that were required (I dispute this). I had to force closure of Bridge after the hang up. I'm glad I saw your posting today - saves another online chat !

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Dec 06, 2020 Dec 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm glad it helped you. I wrote about my decision in different threads of two chats Adobe. Probably Adobe doesn't read me. ))) Sorry for my bad English

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 15, 2021 Jan 15, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Closing Bridge worked for me! Thanks for posting this. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 18, 2021 Jan 18, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks! This is what finally worked for me! I've had intermentent PS problems in the past with exportnig video where I may have needed to close Premier or Media Encoder before I could export...but nothing as serious as this. Bridge is always the FIRST program I open! I tried everything else and was just about to install an older version. I just updated Photoshop to 22.1.1 the same day this started happening. Something else Adobe broke while fixing something they broke.

Windows 10, Dell XPS with 64gb ram and 2tb hd space and everything else updated.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same here. With Bridge closed, the export is smooth like usual.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines