• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Photoshop CC (v20.0) - Disk error when opening or saving SGI/RGB images.

Community Beginner ,
Oct 31, 2018 Oct 31, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am experiencing a disk error while attempting to open or save *.SGI;*.RGB;*.RGBA;*.BW image files using the SGIRGB_Win64.zip plugin downloadable from the following link: https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/kb/optional-file-format-plugins.html​.  This same plugin works correctly in Photoshop CC (v19.1.6) and earlier.  I have reinstalled Photoshop and have reset the preferences file by holding CTRL + ALT + SHIFT at startup, and the issue did not resolve.

Is anyone else able to reproduce the behavior that I am seeing?

System Information

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Motherboard: Supermicro C7X99-OCE

CPU: Intel Core i7-5930K

GPU: NVIDIA Geforce GTX 980 Ti, 353.62

RAM: 16GiB

HDD1 (Install): 1TB, 60% Free

HDD2 (N/A): 3TB, 35% Free

HDD3 (Scratch): 3TB, 54% Free

Operating System: Microsoft Windows 7 Professional (6.1.7601 Service Pack 1)

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Dec 05, 2018 Dec 05, 2018

Adobe updated the Optional Plug-ins | Photoshop CC website on December 2, 2018.  The plugin is now working.  Jeff Arola​, thanks for your assistance.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Nov 02, 2018 Nov 02, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes i got the same results with photoshop cc 2019 (ver 20.0) running on windows 10 1803.

In fact i tested all the optional plugins along with the ScriptingtListener plugin and none of them work.

Optional Photoshop CC plug-ins

Haven't checked the mac side yet.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 02, 2018 Nov 02, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Until adobe fixes it, you can use the SGI plugin from here which does work:

http://telegraphics.com.au/sw/browse/File-Formats

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 05, 2018 Nov 05, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for taking the time to test and confirm what I am seeing.  Also, thank you for forwarding me a link to an alternate SGI plugin.  I will make use of the alternative plugin or continue to run Photoshop CC (ver 19.1.6) until the issue is resolved.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 05, 2018 Nov 05, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You could report the issue over here where adobe wants users to report bugs:

Photoshop Family Customer Community

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 12, 2018 Nov 12, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Done.  I hope you don't mind but I mentioned you in my post.  The fact that you tested all of the plugins and none of them worked seemed noteworthy.  Thanks again.

Photoshop CC (v20.0) - Disk error when opening or saving SGI/RGB images. | Photoshop Family Customer...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 05, 2018 Dec 05, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Adobe updated the Optional Plug-ins | Photoshop CC website on December 2, 2018.  The plugin is now working.  Jeff Arola​, thanks for your assistance.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines