• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Photoshop crashing on Print - EVERY TIME

New Here ,
Jul 26, 2016 Jul 26, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Photoshop has been crashing on me whenever I print.  If I hit Ctrl + P or go to print in the File menu it INSTANTLY crashes.  It doesn't even think first.  It doesn't matter how large or small the file is at all it just instantly crashes, doesn't matter if it is a document with multiple layers or a single small flat image.

I am afraid I am going to lose important edits when trying to print forgetting about the issue and accidentally printing before saving.  The only way I can print is to open the document in Illustrator and that isn't really acceptable to me.

Can any one tell me what is going on?

I did uninstall the program from my computer completely and reinstalled it to see if that would fix anything but it did not.

Please help,

Thanks,

Anita

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Aug 16, 2016 Aug 16, 2016

Try the steps suggested by jbm007, if it does not work, I would suggest you to reset Photoshop preferences once.

Prior to resetting preferences, please take a back up of any custom presets/brushes that you have created.

How to reset Photoshop preferences: http://blogs.adobe.com/crawlspace/2012/07/photoshop-basic-troubleshooting-steps-to-fix-most-issues.html#Preferences

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 26, 2016 Jul 26, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Anita,

Could you please let me know the version of Photoshop installed on your computer?

Also which operating system are you working on, Windows or MAC?

If possible attach the crash logs.

Regards

Tanuj

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 15, 2016 Aug 15, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

same issue here. using the very latest Photoshop, as I just installed in last Friday.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi brettthespicelab,

Could you please let me know the exact version of Photoshop installed on your computer?

Also which operating system are you working on, windows or mac?

Regards

Tanuj

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey Tanuj,

Im Steven, I work with Brett at The Spice Lab, it's my computer that is having this issue. We just installed Photoshop CC 2015.5.1 and are working on Windows 10. Illustrator CC prints just fine, it is only Photoshop we are having this issue with. Any help would be appreciated, thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Steven,

Could you please attach the crash log from event viewer: Photoshop Elements Editor Help | How to Find Crash Logs on Windows

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 16, 2016 Aug 16, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This was the text in the crash log:

Faulting application name: Photoshop.exe, version: 17.0.1.156, time stamp: 0x5792635d

Faulting module name: ntdll.dll, version: 10.0.14393.0, time stamp: 0x578997b2

Exception code: 0xc0000374

Fault offset: 0x00000000000f73e3

Faulting process id: 0x1164

Faulting application start time: 0x01d1f7c247483b27

Faulting application path: C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Photoshop CC 2015.5\Photoshop.exe

Faulting module path: C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\ntdll.dll

Report Id: b2521246-9fdc-4d91-a3ad-c474eeedc25c

Faulting package full name:

Faulting package-relative application ID:

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try running "sfc /scannow" from the command prompt.

You need to open the command prompt in the windows system folder R-click the command prompt icon and select "run as administrator" and then type in at the prompt      sfc /scannow

This error exception code error is caused by heap corruption can easily be caused by ram problems, and it can also be caused by drivers as drivers can operate with their user mode applications by altering contents in the heap. Just throwing that out there for clarification.

Also try uninstalling your printer driver, rebooting and reinstalling it again.

You can also try running an app called CCleaner on the windows registry only and see if that helps.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try the steps suggested by jbm007, if it does not work, I would suggest you to reset Photoshop preferences once.

Prior to resetting preferences, please take a back up of any custom presets/brushes that you have created.

How to reset Photoshop preferences: http://blogs.adobe.com/crawlspace/2012/07/photoshop-basic-troubleshooting-steps-to-fix-most-issues.h...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 18, 2016 Aug 18, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Was having same issue, I reset preferences using method #2 from the video and it resolved it.

Preferences in Photoshop

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 18, 2016 Aug 18, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Glad it worked for you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Aug 19, 2016 Aug 19, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is there an easy way to take a backup of my settings, keyboard shortcuts, preferences, brushes, presets, add-ons without going into every panel?

I have so many customization's over time.   I'd hate to lose some of them.   I don't even remember everything I've customized over the years.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 19, 2016 Aug 19, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not really.

There used to be a save to cloud feature but it has been yanked.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 22, 2016 Aug 22, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can go to the Photoshop CC 2015 settings folder and take a back up of that folder.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 14, 2023 Aug 14, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Resetting the preference actually works but when you open an old file it will happen again. So you need to reset the preferences all the time I open and print. Now to avoid this issue, I import the file I print to AI which actually rediculous. Photoshop should be resolve this issue. Resetting the preference is just a minor remedy but not solving the main issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 29, 2016 Nov 29, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have exacly the same problem with Photoshop CC 2017 on a Windows 7 machine. I've tried every one of the proposed solutions without success.

I've had the same problem with earlier versions of Photoshop. Each time I've simply waited for the next update and the problem has been solved - but that really isn't very convenient!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When you say you have the same problem exactly what do you mean.

You  have a different system.

Can you post a copy of the crash report here so we can take a look at  it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for your prompt response.

I meant that whenever I select  Print...  from the  File  menu, Photoshop crashes.

There are two events in the log each time:

Faulting application name: Adobe Spaces Helper.exe, version: 0.0.0.0, time stamp: 0x57fde35d

Faulting module name: libcef.dll, version: 3.2526.1347.0, time stamp: 0x572d0cf0

Exception code: 0xc0000005

Fault offset: 0x0000000002656a65

Faulting process id: 0x12e8

Faulting application start time: 0x01d24aaf321a8caf

Faulting application path: C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Photoshop CC 2017\Required\Plug-Ins\Spaces\Adobe Spaces Helper.exe

Faulting module path: C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Photoshop CC 2017\Required\Plug-Ins\Spaces\libcef.dll

Report Id: 7f15ddde-b6a2-11e6-b397-fcaa14873292

Faulting application name: Photoshop.exe, version: 18.0.0.53, time stamp: 0x57fde9fd

Faulting module name: sst6cdu.dll, version: 6.7.25.3, time stamp: 0x553762b0

Fault offset: 0x000000000000dbd8

Faulting process id: 0x1ea4

Faulting application start time: 0x01d24aaf30e9dc8c

Faulting application path: C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Photoshop CC 2017\Photoshop.exe

Faulting module path: C:\Windows\system32\spool\DRIVERS\x64\3\sst6cdu.dll

Report Id: 769ce312-b6a2-11e6-b397-fcaa14873292

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You appear to be using a Samsung or generic variant printer with a Universal printer driver.

Is your printer driver version # 6.4.3.15

If not go get the latest driver and see if it helps.

I can tell from experience printers like Samsung, Ricoh, and other niche printers are not supported very well by Adobe.

I can all most assure you it has never been tested with PS.

That interaction with the Samsung printer driver and Photoshop is the culprit.

I would strongly suggest you invest in a more universally used printer like Canon, Hp, or Epson if you can.

Your situation will only get worse not better.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks. I'll look into that

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 11, 2017 Jan 11, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am living with this issue as well... have been since CC2015, 2016... hoped they would have fixed it in 2017 which I jusr now switched to- but 2017 still does it ('it' meaning- any document... hit 'Print' or cntrl-P... Photoshop crashes immediately.) My workaround is to flatten the .psd to a jpeg and save, open in Windows Photo Viewer where it will print just fine. I do this in front of customers who ask what I am doing and I explain... we share laughs on Adobe's expense. Good times!

I know I am providing Adobe programmers an easy 'out' here, but the problem started when I updated to Win 10...

I am on a modern Boxx PC, Win 10, HP ColorLaserJet CP 1215 connected via USB. I have read the Adobe forum where MANY fixes are offered to this problem. I have tried them all, still print-crashing.

For what we pay...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 07, 2017 Feb 07, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This issue can not be fixed by deleting preferences, it is not caused by specific versions of Windows. It is caused by a switch Adobe made to using printer drivers that are not widely used and apparently prone to crashing photoshop. Yes, the problem is related to specific printers, but the list is pretty long. The switch to the different drivers happened ion CS6 and yes, this problem is still with us.

Most times, the problem is related to bringing the print dialog box on a file that has been printed a printer isn't connected to this computer (printed a different computer or the printer has moved). If you had printed to a problem printer (even if the print was successful), you are now going to crash photoshop if you try to print that file that doesn't have valid print info for this computer. This is why it seems like clearing the preferences seems to fix the problem, but the reality it is just hiding the problem tell you repeat the above sequence in the future.

In previous posts, I have made a list of printers which demonstrate the problem. Samsung, Ricoh are certainly on the list, but there are Epson and others as well. Just depends on that printer driver. Adobe says get the latest drivers, but I have yet to find a single case were a new driver has fixed the problem. Apparently the printer companies either don't know about the problem, or are unable to fix it.

Given how this problem usually manifests itself, it is too bad that Adobe doesn't least fix this specific case which I think is common problem.

Allen

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Apr 22, 2017 Apr 22, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Even with the latest spring update this continues to fail each and every time.

Has anyone found a way to get this to work?

I REALLY don't want to blow my settings in photoshop away.  I have a million and one customization's and backing up Photoshop's settings is awkward.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 23, 2017 Apr 23, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you on a windows OS?

If so can you copy and post the results of the application log?

jim

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Apr 29, 2017 Apr 29, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think I found a solution for this.  This was my crash log.  I've made red the printer driver that I have. 

(Note you can get the fault log on windows 10 from the event manager's application log.  Be sure to use the very first error that occurs to see your printer driver DLL.  Check the time stamps!)

CRASH LOG:

Faulting application name: Photoshop.exe, version: 18.1.0.207, time stamp: 0x58c1193f

Faulting module name: E_YUICH4A.DLL, version: 0.3.1.2, time stamp: 0x4ffc02b6

Fault offset: 0x000000000011114e

Faulting process id: 0xe14

Faulting application start time: 0x01d2c10098739e84

Faulting application path: C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Photoshop CC 2017\Photoshop.exe

Faulting module path: C:\WINDOWS\system32\spool\DRIVERS\x64\3\E_YUICH4A.DLL

Report Id: f1df6d0a-0ffd-4a17-b2b0-ffce017311f7

Faulting package full name:

Faulting package-relative application ID:

What I did was remove my printer from "devices and printers" and navigate to the path shown above in red to ensure that the driver was no longer on my pc.  It was still left there and I renamed it to a different name so it couldn't be used.

Then I launched Photoshop, picked a photo and tried to print.   This time instead of crashing it said that the printer settings were no longer valid and reset them (and only them.)   The preview dialog box opened again as normal.

I shut down Photoshop and re-installed my printer drivers.

After that, Photoshop re-established the printer settings for that printer and I could get the dialog box once again.

This is an Adobe issue because i put the exact same version drivers back onto my PC and the problem went away.  Adobe needs to build some durability into this.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines