• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Photoshop CS5 - Aplication error - (0xc000001d)

New Here ,
May 03, 2010 May 03, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I installed Master Collection CS5 and all aplications starts but Photoshop CS5 got start error:

PSCS5 error.png

Got Windows 7 and CS4 was running fine. I uninstalled CS4 but nothing changed for better.

Help please!

All my Admin permissions are full! I'm only user of my PC and set my PC to Admin=User.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Jun 30, 2010 Jun 30, 2010

Hi everyone,

We just posted an update that includes addressing this issue. You can get the update from Photoshop's Help> Updates...

Alternatively, you can go to this link to download an installer:
http://www.adobe.com/support/downloads/detail.jsp?ftpID=4733

You should no longer see the application error on launch. Because the chipsets that throw this error don't support SSE2 instruction sets, GPU features and 3D features in Ps CS5 Extended will not work.

Regards,
steve

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
replies 259 Replies 259
New Here ,
Jun 13, 2010 Jun 13, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

hi, Chris

let's be together

Adobe does not find such many Athlon XP computers, what we have

let testing your CS5 patch together

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Jun 15, 2010 Jun 15, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am experiencing similar problem. I have one extra computer I can lend you in return for CS5 Master Collection.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello guys,

I've got the same problem like you. CS4 works but not CS5. I have reinstalled CS5 many times and it haven't worked.

My computer:

CPU Typ    AMD Athlon XP, 1500 MHz (15 x 100) 1700+

1GB Ram

Motherboard Name    Epox EP-8RDA+ / FIC AU11 Chameleon

nVIDIA GeForce4 Ti 4200 with AGP8X 

@Chris

If you like, I can also lend you my second computer but do you have to test it just over the Internet or do you need it "real"?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We're looking for systems we can keep for future testing.

One of our people is checking ebay and craigslist 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Chris,

How many systems do you need?

You will need AMD Athlon XP 2800+

CPUID 06A0 Barton (0.13um)

CPU Cache L1=128KB, L2=512KB

Chipset VIA KT400, Motherboard: ASUS A7V8X-X (this is 2003~2005 devices)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 16, 2010 Jun 16, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Mango lier

Why does he need this exact system??

It's more than one system configuration which doesn't work. They need a system with one of the old CPUs. (Athlon XP)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jun 16, 2010 Jun 16, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Check with the Adobe branches from developing countries as they'll have a much better chance of finding such systems. Here in Romania for instance there are still quite a few AthlonXP systems on sale at second-hand computer shops.

On the other hand, you could search for Pentium3 systems as those tend to be a bit easier to find and they also lack SSE2 so they probably won't work with CS5

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 17, 2010 Jun 17, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We have in Poland, in net stores, quite much AthlonXP procesors or systems based on this procesors.

For example: http://allegro.pl/listing.php/search?string=athlon+XP&from_showcat=1&category=0&sg=0&change_view=1

or http://shop.ebay.pl/?_from=R40&_trksid=m570&_nkw=athlon+xp&_sacat=See-All-Categories

Greets from Poland!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 30, 2010 Jun 30, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, thank you. I was going to say the same things about looking for P3 systems as well, perhaps with help from Intel.    

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 30, 2010 Jun 30, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi everyone,

We just posted an update that includes addressing this issue. You can get the update from Photoshop's Help> Updates...

Alternatively, you can go to this link to download an installer:
http://www.adobe.com/support/downloads/detail.jsp?ftpID=4733

You should no longer see the application error on launch. Because the chipsets that throw this error don't support SSE2 instruction sets, GPU features and 3D features in Ps CS5 Extended will not work.

Regards,
steve

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 01, 2010 Jul 01, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

WOW it  works, great thanks for the Adobe team for hard work.
It really works

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i have the amd problem...and i can install the update, its write me at the beginning of the update: " Photoshop 12.0.1
  Update is not applicable"

and i do have the default folder in program files of photoshop cs5.

do you have any suggestions?

i the help you write that you can update frop whitin photoshop help tab...but i cant open photoshop...

😕

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Unzipped all files and folders then  run AdobePatchInstaller

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Sorry about my comment using a running Ps to get the update :-p. (I was posting to a few threads and running on fumes)

"We just posted an update that includes addressing this issue. You can get the update from Photoshop's Help> Updates..." should read,"...get the update from Bridge's Help> Updates...".

If that doesn't work, can you send me a private message with your email so I can follow up?

thx,

steve

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey SG, just for fun I went looking for an updater entry in the Start menu, and there was none.  Seems to me that would be a great place to put a shortcut to allow a user to start the updater.

-Noel

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Noel,

I'll forward that idea on. There are preferences for update notifications, but I'm not sure if it depends on having a running CS5 product. The Adobe Application Manager executable is a bit buried, but I'm not aware why that's the case.

thx,

steve

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 02, 2010 Jul 02, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

If you have Photoshop CS5 for Middle East, Arabic (MEA) then this update will not work. This updater works for Photoshop CS5 version 20100407.r.1103. Check with the vendor that you bought your MEA version from for the 12.0.1 updater posting; I don't have information on when they will post, sorry.

This note is for any others that have an update problem and also have Ps CS5 MEA.

regards,

steve

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 10, 2010 Jul 10, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My system is a Celron D 3.33 Ghz, 2 GB Ram Windows 7 32 bit edition. Will I have issues on my system if I purchase CS5 Web Premium?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Probably not if you install the dot release.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Silly Question.....What is the Dot release? I was buying the education version. Is this not going to work? I thought a Celoron D was higher than a Pentium 4. I actually upgraded the hard drive and installed Windows 7 JUST to purchase this CS5 Web Premium.

So what is the Dot release. Should I not buy the product with these specs. I am downloading the trial version just to see if it works.

Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

oops. I misread your reply. You are saying I should not have A PROBLEM

right?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dot release means the same thing as apply the patch. Good idea to download and use the trial to make sure it meets your needs before you fork over the cash.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Celeron D is based on at least Pentium 4 Prescott, meaning that all software working on the latter should work on the former.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 20, 2010 Jul 20, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

when i run the update i get this message "Error Loading Updater workflow"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 06, 2010 Aug 06, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is 12.0.1 will already work on my system?

This is my configuration:

Motherboard: A7V8 MX SE

RAM: 1.5GB

Processor: AMD Duron 1.2Ghz

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines