• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Photoshop file from other computer unable to save as jpg png etc

New Here ,
May 19, 2021 May 19, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I recently got a new computer and transfered all my files to the new computer.  The transfered photoshop files work fine except for the save as feature which does not show the full range of options.  photoshop error 1.png

When I save a copy I recieve the full range of options.

2021-05-19 (2).png

If I make a photoshop copy the problem persists with the new file.  A new file made with this computer does not have the problem but dragging artwork from a old file to a new file also brings out this odd occurance with the art.  Is there a setting I'm missing? How can I fix my save as feature?

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Guide , May 19, 2021 May 19, 2021

This is the new way of doing things in the latest Photoshop 22.4.0 . *Save As* only saves in formats compatible with your work file.  *Save a Copy* is the new way to save across different formats.  Go figure! 

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you read the »What’s New« for 22.4.0? 

Have you done a Forum Search before posting? 

https://community.adobe.com/t5/photoshop/save-as-vs-save-as-copy-and-jpg/m-p/12039864

Try using File > Save a Copy (cmd-alt-S)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is the new way of doing things in the latest Photoshop 22.4.0 . *Save As* only saves in formats compatible with your work file.  *Save a Copy* is the new way to save across different formats.  Go figure! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 20, 2021 May 20, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

It's because the API that allowed stripping "-copy" from the file name was removed by Apple. The new API does not allow it. This isn't a bug, it's a deliberate policy decision from Apple.

As a consequence, directly saving out a jpeg copy from 16 bit/layered data, without "-copy" appended to the filename, was no longer possible on Mac.

The only possible way around it was to move all formats that required making a copy, to the new Save A Copy command. The Windows version had to be changed too, to maintain platform parity.

The ability to directly save 16 bit/layered files to jpeg/png/PDF etc - formats that don't support it - was introduced in Photoshop CS5 in 2010. Prior to that, it was not possible at all. You had to first remove all file properties that were not supported in the file format, then you could save. Most people seem to have forgotten that.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines