• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Photoshop for Moble: Realization of a Dream

Explorer ,
Aug 01, 2020 Aug 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've been a professional full time freelance Adobe customer for over 33 years! In fact, the screenname I've used from the beginning has been "adobephile"(lover of Adobe).

Though most of my work has been technical, hard-line, subjects, I've occasionally needed to do subtle shading, coloring, and masking, for which a graphics tablet would have been better than a mouse. But I simply didn't do enough of that to justify the cost of something like a Wacom or the like.

But with the advent of the 2020 Apple iPad Pro 12.9", the Apple Pencil, and Adobe Photoshop for Mobile,  that dream has been realized!

I've been working on a large batch of WWII era photos for a book we're designing, and I'm using the healing brush with the Pencil extensively to get rid of lot of dust spots and scratches. For this, I find it's most comfortable to take the Pad off of my Magic Keyboard and have it on my lap. This reminds me of when Steve Jobs first introduced the iPad during a keynote presentation. He was sitting in a comfortable chair and was showing the audience how pleasant it was to hold it like a book or a pad of paper.

And now in v1.6 with the rotate canvas function, I can more easily trim up my masking with the brush, going along edges and quickly rotating and panning the image so that I can keep my drawing hand in the same position and just move the image around beneath it.

Life is good with Apple and Adobe!!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Explorer ,
Aug 01, 2020 Aug 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Right after I posted the above, my Paperlike screen protector arrived!

Kinda thicky to install,  but entirely possible if you follow the video tutorial exactly.

But, man, does it make a difference with the feel of the Apple Pencil on the screen! It feels a bit like very fine sandpaper to me. But I'd say that's close enough to real paper for me. It's a lot more "natural" than the plain glass.

Highly recommended for a more realistic drawing feel!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines