Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Photoshop freezes during startup of program

New Here ,
Jun 07, 2021 Jun 07, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all,

I am not a professional user of PS but kept using it for several years now.

For the past maybe 5 days, I was unable to open PS on my iMac (Retina late 2014, 27", running on OS Big Sur 11.4). I have not changed any severe settings or ran out of storage space (there is still ample enough).

The PS program was unable to start up, it froze in the process of initiation after a few seconds (right after the welcome-picture with the flamingo-cloud-thing).

I use the yearly membership of CreativeCloud and I downloaded the PS on my desktop iMac also to be able to use without internet connection. The membership subscription is still running unchanged, so that's not the issue.

I de-installed PS, installed again - same problem.

I de-installed PS, deleted all photoshop-files in the libray, installed again - same problem.

What the heck am I doing wrong...? anybody to help? Thanks!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Bildschirmfoto 2021-06-07 um 21.00.12.png

this is how it looks when it freezes. No content in PS.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had the same problem and spent hours trying to make it work.  I jsut got off a chat with Adobe 2nd tier support.  For me, the answer is use Adobe Photoshop 2020.  It appears to be a graphics card issue between Adobe and Apple.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 08, 2021 Jun 08, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Great, thanks CanadaGeorge,

I just checked, when I am on Creative Cloud download page, I can choose
"older versions" do install, but there I only have several versions until
down to "Photoshop 21.2.9". But nothing clearly marked with "Photoshop
2020".

Do you happen to know the version number of it, or it rather seems that the
option to download/install "2020" does not exist in my dropdown menu?

Cheers, Mo/Switzerland

[image: Bildschirmfoto 2021-06-08 um 10.27.06.png]

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Bildschirmfoto 2021-06-08 um 10.27.06.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Good morning. The version Adobe chat downloaded was 21.2.8. I haven't tried Bridge yet but assume I'm going to need an older version of that as well.  On another forum, I was told that PS now requires a minimum of 2Gb of VRAM.  My 1.5 year old Mac has 1536Mb.  So, for me, this is a much bigger issue than just waiting for a software/bug fix. 😢 (You can check your VRAM by going to the Apple menu / about this mac / system info / graphics display )

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines