• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Photoshop freezes whenever I try to use any tool or even hover over the bar on the left

Community Beginner ,
Jul 05, 2021 Jul 05, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Any time I try to use any tool on Photoshop it completely freezes. The same is also true if I hover over any of the tools on the bar on the left of the screen for long enough for the name of the tool to pop up. This is making photoshop useless and I'm basically paying every month for an icon on my desktop. I've tried to look through the troubleshooting guides but nothing seems to talk about my problem and the info they give hasn't helped the situation. Can anyone help me please?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
LEGEND ,
Jul 05, 2021 Jul 05, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Without any system info we can't even guess, really. you have to be much more specific. If it freezes up by even just hovering over a tool icon, then something very specific is going on, which could even be something as weird as PS trying to load a tooltip that doesn't exist in the language you may have set your system to. Outside of course the usual standards apply: Check your graphics driver and update it if necessary. anything more will require a lot more information.

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 06, 2021 Jul 06, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Sorry, I'm not really sure what other information would be needed. I'm running Windows 10 and my graphics drivers are up to date.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you give some information about the Photoshop Version?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i'm running version 22.4.2

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines