• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Photoshop install stuck at 5.2%

New Here ,
Oct 23, 2019 Oct 23, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I updated my desktop to catalina (big mistake) and needed to update photoshop as well, so I downloaded the photoshop installer from my institutional creative cloud subscription page but it gets stuck at 5.2% completion. I have deleted the install file, restarted my computer, and I am still getting this error. I was able to download it on another computer so I know my account is connecting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

New Here , Oct 31, 2019 Oct 31, 2019

Yes, Mine is now working. 

Go into the Adobe website and start a conversation with the Chat icon bottom right. From there Adobe assisted me by accessing my computer remotely using a Adobe share program. Once they had access they managed to install it a different way. You are able to chat to them throughout the process so it worked well. Was resolved within 10 min's

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Oct 23, 2019 Oct 23, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Make sure to download the most recent  creative cloud app and download it from there,

here is alos a link for the new update for photoshop

https://community.adobe.com/t5/Photoshop/Photoshop-20-0-7-is-now-available/td-p/10687924

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 29, 2019 Oct 29, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just tried it, and the Creative Cloud Installer is stuck at 21.5%.

So There is no way to install the Photoshop app with OS X Catalina ? because of this my trial period will be partially lost...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 29, 2019 Oct 29, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I heard from support a little bit ago - although their website lists the current version of creative cloud as being compatible with Catalina, is it in fact NOT compatible. They hope that it will be in a future update.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 30, 2019 Oct 30, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Exacly same Issue!! Stuck on 5.2%

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 30, 2019 Oct 30, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is there any fix to this as I am stuck on 5.2% too?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 31, 2019 Oct 31, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, Mine is now working. 

Go into the Adobe website and start a conversation with the Chat icon bottom right. From there Adobe assisted me by accessing my computer remotely using a Adobe share program. Once they had access they managed to install it a different way. You are able to chat to them throughout the process so it worked well. Was resolved within 10 min's

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 29, 2019 Dec 29, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I too get stuck on 5,2%. Tried everything, even deactivating AV. Running windows 10 with windows Defender. I don't get it, how difficult is it to make a software download that works! Can we download the full version instead of a web install?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 08, 2020 Feb 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, I could not get the web installer to work.

Contacted via Chat, they sent me a direct link to PS 20.0.8.

But that would not install - got stuck at 30% everytime.

They told me to contact Apple

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 01, 2020 Jan 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for this advice. After also trying everything, I finally chatted with Adobe's support guy, and he was great. Also tuned in remotely, and then created unique download links for the programs I wanted to install. If you also experience this issue, just skip it and contact them, it'll save you plenty of gray hair!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have same issue

New Mac Pro, Catalina, Photoshop 20.0.8

Gets stuck at 5% or 30% consistantly

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I started a chat with Adobe & the guy walked me through how to install using the alt Download & how to prep for it. 

It worked & I now have PS up & running.

Here is what you do...

1. Please click on Finder > Go > Go to Folders > Type /Library > Application Support  and  then Delete Adobe Folder

2. Now, click on Finder > Go > Go to Folders > Type /Library > Preferences and then Delete all the links with Adobe.com from there. (com.Adobe - anythnig with Adobe in it.)

3. click on Finder > Go > Go to Folders > Type ~/Library > Application Support > Delete Adobe Folder

4. Type ~/Library, earlier it was just /library.

5. Now do the same in preferences in ~/library as above. Steps 1 & 2

6. Please go to Application Folder and then delete all the Adobe Applications or any Adobe folders

7. Go to Utilities folder and delete all Adobe apps and folders.

8. Once you have done that, empty the trash and then download Creative Cloud by clicking on "macOS | Alternative downloads" Under "Try alternative download links"

Empty Trash

restart

https://helpx.adobe.com/in/download-install/kb/creative-cloud-desktop-app-download.html

Hope this helps - it solved my 2 hour frustration in 10 min 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 13, 2020 Feb 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This worked for me! Thank you so much, I can stop pulling out my hair now 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 26, 2020 Feb 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you so much! Its 100% working! Saving me lots of time.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 30, 2020 Jun 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

how to do this in windows

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines