We have a brand new look! Take a tour with us and explore the latest updates on Adobe Support Community.
I updated my desktop to catalina (big mistake) and needed to update photoshop as well, so I downloaded the photoshop installer from my institutional creative cloud subscription page but it gets stuck at 5.2% completion. I have deleted the install file, restarted my computer, and I am still getting this error. I was able to download it on another computer so I know my account is connecting
Make sure to download the most recent creative cloud app and download it from there,
here is alos a link for the new update for photoshop
I just tried it, and the Creative Cloud Installer is stuck at 21.5%.
So There is no way to install the Photoshop app with OS X Catalina ? because of this my trial period will be partially lost...
I heard from support a little bit ago - although their website lists the current version of creative cloud as being compatible with Catalina, is it in fact NOT compatible. They hope that it will be in a future update.
Exacly same Issue!! Stuck on 5.2%
Is there any fix to this as I am stuck on 5.2% too?
Yes, Mine is now working.
Go into the Adobe website and start a conversation with the Chat icon bottom right. From there Adobe assisted me by accessing my computer remotely using a Adobe share program. Once they had access they managed to install it a different way. You are able to chat to them throughout the process so it worked well. Was resolved within 10 min's
I too get stuck on 5,2%. Tried everything, even deactivating AV. Running windows 10 with windows Defender. I don't get it, how difficult is it to make a software download that works! Can we download the full version instead of a web install?
Yes, I could not get the web installer to work.
Contacted via Chat, they sent me a direct link to PS 20.0.8.
But that would not install - got stuck at 30% everytime.
They told me to contact Apple
Thanks for this advice. After also trying everything, I finally chatted with Adobe's support guy, and he was great. Also tuned in remotely, and then created unique download links for the programs I wanted to install. If you also experience this issue, just skip it and contact them, it'll save you plenty of gray hair!
I have same issue
New Mac Pro, Catalina, Photoshop 20.0.8
Gets stuck at 5% or 30% consistantly
I started a chat with Adobe & the guy walked me through how to install using the alt Download & how to prep for it.
It worked & I now have PS up & running.
Here is what you do...
1. Please click on Finder > Go > Go to Folders > Type /Library > Application Support and then Delete Adobe Folder
2. Now, click on Finder > Go > Go to Folders > Type /Library > Preferences and then Delete all the links with Adobe.com from there. (com.Adobe - anythnig with Adobe in it.)
3. click on Finder > Go > Go to Folders > Type ~/Library > Application Support > Delete Adobe Folder
4. Type ~/Library, earlier it was just /library.
5. Now do the same in preferences in ~/library as above. Steps 1 & 2
6. Please go to Application Folder and then delete all the Adobe Applications or any Adobe folders
7. Go to Utilities folder and delete all Adobe apps and folders.
8. Once you have done that, empty the trash and then download Creative Cloud by clicking on "macOS | Alternative downloads" Under "Try alternative download links"
Hope this helps - it solved my 2 hour frustration in 10 min 🙂
This worked for me! Thank you so much, I can stop pulling out my hair now
Thank you so much! Its 100% working! Saving me lots of time.
how to do this in windows