• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Photoshop keeps freezing as CEPHtmlEngine processes keeps using high memory on iMac 2013.

Community Beginner ,
Feb 26, 2021 Feb 26, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a iMac late 2013 with 32 GB RAM I pay my subscription every month and it is frustrating for me that Photoshop freezes every moment. I am very angry that my workflow is interrupted by that problem.

Does the same thing happen to someone in the community? 

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Mar 01, 2021 Mar 01, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Sorry that Photoshop freezes on your computer as CEPHtmlEngine processes keeps using high memory on your iMac.

Would you mind sharing the version of Photoshop you're using along with the version of macOS on your computer?

Please checkout the steps mentioned in this article: https://helpx.adobe.com/x-productkb/global/high_cpu_usage_cephtmlengine.html and let us know how it goes.

Thanks,

Akash

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 01, 2021 Mar 01, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, thank you very much for answering, the photoshop version is the latest (22.2.0) and the OS is Catalina (10.15.7).

The steps that you share with me I had already applied them previously and it continues to freeze at a certain time.

Will there be another solution? It is exasperating to work that way and even more so if I am paying for something that does not work well for me. Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mar 04, 2021 Mar 04, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Just to ensure that the issue is not relevant to Photoshop 2021 v 22.2, please install the previous version 21.2.5 from the Creative Cloud Desktop app, see: https://helpx.adobe.com/download-install/using/install-previous-version.html 

Let us know the outcome.

Thanks,

Akash

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines