• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Photoshop Locking up

New Here ,
Apr 21, 2021 Apr 21, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It worked fine yesterday. Today when I open a photo in photoshop, everything is fine until I try to crop or put text on it or anything to that image. I've had to restart my computer to get it to even close - can't even open the task manager. I've uninstalled and reinstalled it. Same issue remains. On a PC running the latest version of Windows.

Photoshop is a large component of the work I do. Anyone have any idea of what else I could try? Was there an update overnight?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What are your specs?

Windows version (incl service pack), Photoshop version, RAM, available HD space, Graphics Card and Vram...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same problem....It frezze when I try to crop!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same question to you - we need your specs or we can't do much to assist.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 23, 2021 Apr 23, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I replied via the email that came in to me 2 days ago, but have heard nothing that way. Copied below:

Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i3-2120 CPU @3.30 GHz
Ram 16.0 GB (15.9 usable)
64-bit operating system, x64-based processor
Windows 10 Pro 64-bit (10.0, build 19041)
AMD Radeon Graphics Processor (0x6819)

I have the scratch disc set to an external hard drive to give it 1 TB to flippin think.

I've cleared the cache.

It worked yesterday evening. DID NOT work this morning. NO settings were changed. When I uninstalled and reinstalled, I reset the scratch disc to the 1TB drive as I have used for years.

Thanks for any help you can give.
Janet

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 26, 2021 Apr 26, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is your scratch disk mounted and available before you launch PS? If for some reason it's not PS will default to your main HD.

The other thing you can try is to turn off Use Graphics Processor in the Performance preferences and try cropping again - does it crash then?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 30, 2021 Apr 30, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Oddly - this issue is sporadic. With a project already created, I'm able to
edit, crop, and work with no problem. With NEW files, it locks up
immediately and I'm dead in the water. This happens with or WITHOUT the
external drive as a place for Adobe to think.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 04, 2021 May 04, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It doesn't matter if the scratch disk is mounted or if it's working off the main HD.

Graphics Processor has been turned off for years - tried it on and off and it still locks up.

AND...both cropping and adding text will lock it up - often to the point where I have to restart the computer because I can't even bring up the task manager. 

Photoshop IS (thankfully) working fine on my laptop. But this is only a temporary solution.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 05, 2021 May 05, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try installing the previous version of PS - is there any change?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is there an easy way to do so?

Marie-Michèle Livernoche

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you walk me through how to do that? I'm not familiar with how to access older versions. Happy to try it.

Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have exactly the same issue today. I tried uninstalled and reinstalled it. My version is uptodate. 

I am under windows 10

16go of ram

802 go available on my disk

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

mine too!!!  Not happy!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I also having troubles with photoshop recently: it freezes all the time! I have to restart my whole system! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 09, 2021 May 09, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

It's the version. I reverted back and can work again on my desktop - cropping, work with text, etc. What I don't appreciate is that the changes happened without me manually allowing it to update. I found the directions to revert back one version. I also don't appreciate that the answers from Adobe are slow in coming. Hope this helps some of you that also have this issue.

Open Creative Cloud.

Go to All Apps

Click on the three dots next to Photoshop.

There you'll find where you can revert to a previous version.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines