• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Photoshop not accepting new Logitech mouse (MX Master 3)

Explorer ,
Apr 30, 2021 Apr 30, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have gone many rounds with LogiTech to try nd solve this issue, and it seems it might actually be a CC issue...or one with just Photoshop itself. Every time I open Photoshop (yes, just reinstalled it once again), I get the message:

The "LogiTech Options version 8.50.7.0" extension could not be loaded because it was not properly signed.

Version: 7.0.0  

Path: /Library/Application Support/Adobe/CEP/extensions/LogiOptionsAdobe

For more information, visit: http://www.adobe.com/go/photoshop-troubleshoot-extension_en

Clicking the link above takes me to the Adobe pages, but with a message "These are uncharted waters" or the same in Finnish if I opt for the Finnish site.

I can't continue using Photoshop without clicking out of that window first.... Oh, and I'm using MacOS Big Sur, with everything restarted many many times to try to correct this issue....and the mouse works well with any other program I've tried it on so far.

Please help!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Jan 15, 2022 Jan 15, 2022

It’s at the bottom of this link:
https://www.logitech.com/en-us/software/logi-options-plus.html

- Jesse Shauffer

[personal information removed by moderator]

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Apr 30, 2021 Apr 30, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i use the mx master 3 with an older version of software:

kglad_0-1619792764221.png

with no ps problems.  a logitech update is available, but the most recent version appears to be

kglad_1-1619792916019.png

why don't you try the latest version?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
May 01, 2021 May 01, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, I have tried. Like I said, I've gone many rounds with LogiTech tech support, including deleting and reinstalling all their necessary and unnecessary software.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

what version is installed?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Logitech Options: 8.50.210 (via LogiMgr Installer)

Photoshop: latest available in Creative Cloud (22.3.1)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

again, why don't you update your logitech options?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What do you mean? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

your logitech options software has an update available. but first you could try eliminating your photoshop custom shortcuts (if you have any):

kglad_0-1619896665759.png

otherwise, click more:

kglad_1-1619896723618.png

click software > check for updates

kglad_2-1619896767274.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
May 03, 2021 May 03, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

According to this, it is all up-to-date:

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Oh, and I have set no application specific shortcuts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Screenshot 2021-05-03 at 12.12.44.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

something's wrong with your logitech options.

kglad_1-1620048500128.png

uninstall your logitech options (using the controlo panel)

install the current version, Logitech Options – Logitech Support + Download

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you. I uninstalled the LogiTech Options I had, and installed the one for which you provided the link (same as I had previously, but worth a try). After install, I restarted the computer, and clicked into CC Photoshop....only to get exactly the same message as previously:

Screenshot 2021-05-03 at 17.07.01.jpg

 Any other ideas?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No idea unfortunately.... It's almost a year since logitech options is no longer compatible with the latest versions of photoshop, making the mx3 mouse and craft keyboard very expensive items useless for the purpose for which they were designed. If you search in the logitech community you will see how many threads exist. Legal actions are pending (against logitech of course).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

check your installed version number.  if it's 8.54.106, that's a photoshop or os error.

just to be sure, restart your computer and re-start ps.  if the same error appears:

manually reset your ps preferences by removing the preferences file, Preferences

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
May 10, 2021 May 10, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for all the suggestions. I have tried them all (yes, even if it was the third or fourth time), including a few more new ones from Logitech support (see below), and still get the same message.

The newest Logitech support uninstalled all Logitech (again), cleared all junk from each individual Library directory (Application Support, Preferences, Caches, LaunchDaemons, PreferencePanes, Startupitems), checked for any OS update, reinstalled Logitech Options software, checked macOS permissions in Options & Permissions and LCC & Permissions.

Any more ideas? I would LOOOOOVE to get this solved.

Thanks in advance!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 10, 2021 May 10, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

if logitech options still shows an old software version, there's a logitech problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 05, 2022 Jan 05, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I suddenly got the same notice when opening PS, after a few years of no problems. It suddenly went away, tonight. Here's what  worked for my particular situation:

I'm still on Mojave (anticipating going to Monterey).

I am stuck on PS 22.54 because of Mojave.

I updated Logitech Options to 8.54.147.

Now, no more irritating notice when launching PS.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 15, 2022 Jan 15, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was having this same issue the past few months since I updated the MacOS to Monteray this past fall. But today I found the fix and it's not photoshop's fault at all...it was logitechs. So to fix it...uninstall the normal logitech options app....the teal colored app. Then download and install the new beta logitech options+ which is now a purple colored app. Problem solved!

Let me know if this worked for everyone.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, Jesse,

Since my last post, I updated from Mojave to Monterey; and, updated PS.

The message immediately returned!!

I have the latest Options version. I don't see a beta choice (I do remember seeing it when I previously updated the Options software).

Sonny

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It’s at the bottom of this link:
https://www.logitech.com/en-us/software/logi-options-plus.html

- Jesse Shauffer

[personal information removed by moderator]

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 16, 2022 Jan 16, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you Jesse, it works!!!

After updating to the Options+ Beta, no more notice when I open PS.

Sonny

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jan 16, 2022 Jan 16, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

THANK YOU!!!!! It has FINALLY cleared the message, and works flawlessly. Thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 16, 2022 Mar 16, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sir

You have to connect your mouse via a unifying USB Receiver not Bluetooth to make your mouse buttons interactive with Photoshop or other desired programmes

First, install logi options plus software to ensure your type of connection

Then download Logitech Unify Software from this link

https://support.logi.com/hc/en-us/articles/360025297913-Logitech-Unifying-Software

If your mouse is not detected by unifying software install Logitech setpoint from this link then try again after restarting your PC

https://support.logi.com/hc/en-nz/articles/360025141274

Hope this work with you

Regards

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 15, 2022 Apr 15, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yeeeeha! Finally!!!

Thank you for the solution, once I installed Logi Options + Photoshop worked perfectly with my MX Master 3 for MAC.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines