Welcome Dialog

Welcome to the Community!

We have a brand new look! Take a tour with us and explore the latest updates on Adobe Support Community.

Photoshop not responding after macOS Big Sur update

New Here ,
Dec 10, 2020 Dec 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Worked for a minute with Big Sur, till recent PS update.

{Moderator note: Edited the thread title}

TOPICS
Crash or freeze, Mac, Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Hi there,  Sorry that Photoshop stops responding after a while on your computer running the macOS Big Sur . Would you mind deselecting the option "Use Graphics Processor" located in Photoshop's Preferences > Performance, then relaunch Photoshop and let us know if it helps? Please make sure that you are running the latest version 22.1 of Photoshop 2021. There are a few known issues with Photoshop on Big Sur, please checkout the details, here: https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/kb/photoshop-and-macos-big-sur.html...

Translate

Translate
Adobe Community Professional ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi i think there are some bugs yet not update Photoshop revert back to old version which is working fine for you....regards

Ali Sajjad

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, Ali. I just might have to do that.

Thank you for your prompt reply!

tm

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there, 

Sorry that Photoshop stops responding after a while on your computer running the macOS Big Sur .

Would you mind deselecting the option "Use Graphics Processor" located in Photoshop's Preferences > Performance, then relaunch Photoshop and let us know if it helps?

Please make sure that you are running the latest version 22.1 of Photoshop 2021. There are a few known issues with Photoshop on Big Sur, please checkout the details, here: https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/kb/photoshop-and-macos-big-sur.html 

Let us know how it goes.

Thanks,

Akash

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you, Akash. Problem is that PS won't load. If I can get it to I'll give your suggestion a try.

Thanks, again for the prompt reply!

tm

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 16, 2021 Jun 16, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

None of the 22.x.x versions worked for me and kept freezing. Try installing the 21.2.9 version. I did and it works.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines