• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Photoshop not saving print settings (on new mac mini 2023) also not printing correct colors

New Here ,
Mar 26, 2024 Mar 26, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi I just got a new mac mini the 2023 version m2 chip last week. I have a macbook pro 2019 version that has been working beautifully and starting to slow down a bit since it's 5 years old. The settings on my macbook pro work flawlessly with my printers (Epsion echotanks). I need my new mac mini to work flawlessly with my printers so I don't have to keep opening my macbook pro to print things! I have tried to print photoshop acurate colors rgb and cmyk cubes so I can visually agree on the colors and they are NOT right! I also noticed there are dots on my mac mini prints where they are smoth and you can't see dots on macbook pro. Here are some issues and things I have tried

*messed with edit>Color settings and changed them around tried printing several times with no success 

* messed with screen resolutions

*messed with system settings>printer

*messed with monitor display settings 

*messed with calibrating printer even though it works fine with macbook pro but not mac mini

*messed with epsion updater and I am up to date on everything. photoshop is up to date, epsion echo tanks are up to date...

*tried in print settings color handling printer controls and tried photoshop controls... messed with a number of the options....

*going into the print then print settings of the specific echo tank I wish to print to and I notice glossy paper and best quality is off, so I put it back on and I go check before printing and it's set back to auto detect and normal again!

*Tried saving glossy photo paper and best quality into my own settings and it just disapears and goes back to not being selected.

*it keeps allowing print both sides to be selected also and I keep turning it off and saving my presets but it keeps reverting whic is annoying when I need to print etsy order sheets. I can't send someone elses order sheet with another. It's maddening how everything is working on my macbook pro but not my mac mini! I have gone through and made ALL my settings on macbook pro the same on mac mini for photoshop settings and still no sucess! I'm pulling my hair out! I have seen a number of posts on here similar but not quite the same as I am expirencing. 

Is there somewhere I can edit settings somewhre about the dpi for printing?! I have it set to cmyk and 300dpi in ps. I am using the same file from my macbook pro to try and print from mac mini. I'm so frustrated! I had a windows pc a few weeks ago that was acting up like this also and was also not printing correctly and I returned it and was all no, going back to mac.

TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Mar 26, 2024 Mar 26, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I can bet you are running MacOS Ventura or  Sonoma and there has been Preset issues there.

So look at this thread: https://community.adobe.com/t5/photoshop-ecosystem-discussions/print-presets-won-t-save-on-mac-in-ph...

and see if any of the suggestions help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines