• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Photoshop Pen Tool/Path Turning Black

Community Beginner ,
Jun 02, 2021 Jun 02, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My pen tool in photoshop randomly has gone from the normal blue line and anchers to a thinner black line and ancher points. And this black pen tool makes a rougher clip line and occasionally skips ancher points so I have to click a few times to place an ancher point. My coputer and photoshop are both up to date, I have no idea what causes this or how to revert it back to the regular blue pen tool.

black pen tool.pngPSBluePenTool.PNG

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Jun 03, 2021 Jun 03, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is »Use Graphics Processor« in the Performance Preferences (Photoshop > Preferences > Performance > Graphic Processor Settings) checked? 

What are the Path-related settings? 

Screenshot 2021-06-03 at 11.59.09.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 04, 2021 Jun 04, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, the graphic processor is checked off. And I have tried unckecking it to see if that helps but it did not. These are the settings, it is set to the default blue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 14, 2021 Jun 14, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This did not solve the issue. I have uninstalled and re-installed the program and went back to an older version and both of those only helped temporarily. I did have to reset the preferecnes/settings for it to even do the temporary fix, though.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 03, 2021 Jun 03, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I wonder if it is operating stem specific?  A lot of these display issues apply only to Macs, so what OS asre you using?
Does the viewing zoom ration make any difference? Any time things are not looking as they should do, set zoom to 100%

I'm reading your post and cp's post again, and wondfering if you have checked the path settings as cp asked.  Black is one of the options

image.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am using a PC upgraded to the latest Windos version. The zoom does not affect it and the pen setting is set to the default blue. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm on a Mac. My 2020 macbook pro is fine, my old iMac the paths have gone back to "normal" - the gray and the controls to change it are grayed out. I'm sure my issue is the graphics card, not supported on the old iMac anymore. There are so many quirks with this update and graphics cards, I'm sure it has something to do with it.

Melissa Piccone | Adobe Trainer | Pluralsight Author | Fine Artist

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yeah I am using a PC computer, but I do not think that it is too old for the graphics card to be outdaed for it. I even tried reverting back to an older version and that didnt help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You can check here for the graphcs card requirements:

https://www.wepc.com/benchmark/adobe-photoshop-system-requirements/

Melissa Piccone | Adobe Trainer | Pluralsight Author | Fine Artist

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines