• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

photoshop, "kernel security check failure"

Community Beginner ,
Dec 25, 2015 Dec 25, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

good evening i had this problem when i open photoshop, "kernel security check failure" with a blue screen, i just check the hdd and the memory,i have this problem only with photoshop

thanks for the help

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Jan 21, 2016 Jan 21, 2016

If you have an nvidia graphics card, try rolling back your driver instead.  As far as i've been able to tell, the problem began with the driver released on 12/21/15. If you roll back to the a 12/01/15 or older driver you should be fine.  After rolling back to that driver I haven't had any issues. 

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 25, 2015 Dec 25, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi mirkor,

In order to understand the issue more clearly, please provide us with the following information:

1. Did you make any significant hardware or software changes in the system?
  2. What is the exact error message along with the error code you are getting in the system?
  3. Which version of Photoshop are you using?
  4. Which operating system and its version?
  5. Which graphics card do you have? Is it single or dual
  6. Have you updated your graphics card drivers?

I would also suggest you to run Photoshop in administrator mode and check if it helps. You can follow the steps to run in admin mode:

a) Right click on the icon of Photoshop.

b) Click on "Run as admin" option.

Regards,

Chetna

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 27, 2015 Dec 27, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

hello

1. i didn't make any change to my system or hardware
  2. the message is Kernel_security_check_failure and no othe error code
  3. I'm using photoshop CC2015
  4. i'm using windows 8.1
  5. it's a single ndivia
  6. all the drivers are at the last version

i also tried to lunch as "admin" but nothing change, lightroom installed on the same pc work good

regard

Mirko

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 28, 2015 Dec 28, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the update.

Follow the below steps :

• Quit Photoshop
  • Go to the location - C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Photoshop CC 2015 , look for the file named sniffer.exe and move it on desktop.
  • Launch Photoshop and check.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 29, 2015 Dec 29, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

sorry for the late in the reply

now it seems to work good, the file sniffer.exe i can delete or leave on the desktop?

thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 29, 2015 Dec 29, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

that's fine.

You can delete the sniffer.exe file from desktop as Photoshop would have recreated that file at the same location.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 30, 2015 Dec 30, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It works

Remove sniffer.exe and then after launching PS make sure that GPU is unchekcked from Edit>Preferences>Preformance [windows]

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 31, 2015 Dec 31, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same problem but with Premiere Pro CC 2015.. Can't find a sniffer.exe though

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Panicked for about 10 minutes -  read this solution - tried - happy again!
Thank you very much!

@

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Found mine but when I removed it it wouldn't start att all.. Just gave me a munch of error messages..

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had sniffer_gpu.exe so I have deleted it instead. Worked like a charm afterwards. Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 04, 2016 Jan 04, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I encountered the same problem since my driver updated in late December last year. I searched for solutions and there's thing about changing the default graphics driver. It worked for a while but the Kernel Security Error came back just today. Luckily, i found this thread. Deleting sniffer_gpu.exe made my Photoshop CS6 work again. Thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 20, 2016 Jan 20, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It helped, now it works fine.

Thank you

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 21, 2016 Jan 21, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

that worked for my thank you so much for your advices

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 24, 2016 Jun 24, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've recently gotten the Kernel problem again, i've done as you've said and moved the sniffer.exe file to desktop and launched photoshop. But it still happens, what am i doing wrong?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 01, 2016 Jan 01, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I found it, deleted it and then when I started up I got this error: Adobe Premiere Pro could not find any capable video play modules. Please update your video display driver and try again.

But I just updated my driver and it sais up to date so I'm not sure what to do..

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 04, 2016 Jan 04, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi lautrupmedia,

Would suggest you to post your query regarding Premiere Pro in Premiere Pro Forum.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 01, 2016 Jan 01, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i am having the same issue with Premiere Pro CC 2015.. i have deleted the Sniffer.* file.. running PP as Administer.. all my driver are updated to current.. still get Blue Screen.. only when running  Premiere Pro CC 2015.. all other programs work fiine.. please advise...thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 06, 2016 Jan 06, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

if you are still having issues with premiere, there seems to be a solution for now. That is if you have an nvidia graphics card. It appears that the latest driver for nvidia is causing the issue. After rolling back to the previous driver released on 12/01/15 everything started working like normal again for me.  Driver Rollback | NVIDIA that link will tell you how to roll back your nvidia driver.  The latest driver is probably what was causing issues for photoshop as well.  The solutions given above basically just disable your nvidia gpu, which will likely slow down performance for a lot of people.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 06, 2016 Jan 06, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

alrobles291... you saved my life. i was just about to take it to a computer shop.. all this time i thought it was the intel HD 4600 graphics. because most of the info out was pointing to that.. so i rolled back the NVDIA driver and no more blue screen.  after hours on chat with intel, Microsoft, dell, and adobe... Alrobles291 to the rescue

thanks, Recie

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 07, 2016 Jan 07, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 03, 2016 Jan 03, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

thx ! It's fixed by now, but i'll check it later

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Had the crash again today I'll try the snippet.exe for the 2Nd time

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you have an nvidia graphics card, try rolling back your driver instead.  As far as i've been able to tell, the problem began with the driver released on 12/21/15. If you roll back to the a 12/01/15 or older driver you should be fine.  After rolling back to that driver I haven't had any issues. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 28, 2016 Jan 28, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

> Had the crash again today I'll try the snippet.exe for the 2Nd time

Did you update Photoshop? It will have put back the sniffer.exe, just remove it again.

There was an update on my Mac yesterday, my Windows machine Creative Cloud is still failing to update but I'm not bothering to fix it, too much wasted time on broken updates recently.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines