We have a brand new look! Take a tour with us and explore the latest updates on Adobe Support Community.
Photoshop new update 22.4 is super buggy, impacting workflow. Here are some of the things I've experienced:
- Copy and pasting layers doesn't work half the time, copies the wrong layer.
- Have to flatten layers to save a jpeg or png.
- If you flip canvas horizontally, it won't allow you to save it in the same file format.
- When I reverted back to the previous version, all my dowloaded and custom brushes disappeared (only showed the default startup set), and my ps files are corrupted, got a prompt that the layers aren't in the correct format, have to flatten.
1. Copying and pasting layers - please give more detail - I can't replicate that here
2. Flatten layers to save a jpeg. No you don't - just use Save a Copy (Alt+Ctrl+S)
If your file contains items that are not supported in your required format (e.g. layers or 16 bits/channel) then the file format is moved to the Save a Copy command. This was driven by changes in the Mac Operating System, although the changes are applied to both Mac and Windows versions to keep them aligned.
3. See above, it will if you have you have made no other changes and your file type supports everything in the document
4. Custom brushes should be reloadable from where you saved them. Please give more details on corrupted files - I've not experienced or seen that and I have several versions installed here.
When I click ctrl v to paste the selected layer to duplicate it, it pasts a different unselected layer.
You should be able to save a file as itself (as in previous PS versions) without having to save as a copy / new file.
I didn't have to flatted a png or jpeg in order to save it in previous PS versions.
I've never had to reupload brushes when reverted back in previous PS versions.
As for the corrupted files, this is the error message I get when I go to reopen my .psd file I was just working on after closing the program and restarting it (in windows 10):
Dave, shift control S does not work properly- or at least the way it should work, and has worked in the past. I can't explain it fully, and it doesn't unexpectedly quit, so there is no report to send. If I don't flatten all layers and delete hidden layers, you can't save a copy file reliably in jpeg or png (possibly other formats). Batch processing is horribly buggy and has made my life miserable. Batch processing along with save a copy command seems to work, but then the files are no where on my computer. So it just appears to be saving, but the files never actually save. So weird and very time consuming to batch process 200 files and find they didn't actually save.
There is also a pixel issue when using the masking. If I want to put parts of my masked layer back into the image, the newly revealed pixels are worthless, just worthless.
I've been using Photoshop since PS2- way back around 2000. This latest update has upset the balance of basic functionality for the things I do- such as saving a file before closing.
I have a mid-2017 MacOS running Mojave 10.14.6, i7, 16 GB 2133 MHz, LDDR3, with Radeon Pro 560 4 GB and the Intel graphics card. For now, I have deleted photoshop and gone back 3 updates. I'll follow several threads to see when these issues are fixed, no need to respond to me directly. My assumption is this will be an ongoing problem as more people start using the updates. Good luck!
From 22.4, if your file contains items that are not supported in your required format (e.g. layers or 16 bits/channel) then the file format is moved to the Save a Copy command. This was driven by changes in the Mac Operating System, although the changes are applied to both Mac and Windows versions to keep them aligned.
Save a Copy saves to whatever directory you ask it to but adds 'copy' to the end of the filename.
Adobe is making massive changes to Photoshop for various reasons and seems to be having difficulties. With Photoshop 2021 adobe publish a list of known issue there are something like 20 to 30 known issues. In the list there are some work arounds and some solutions. A Work around like disabled new features if you want to use Photoshop 3D feature. Who knows if Adobe will ever get Photoshop working without issues. While this development is going On I would advise you to use Photoshop 2020. Wait till Adobe gets Photoshop in shape for general use. Why do you want to test Adobe beta software?