• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Photoshop will not open or create new documents

New Here ,
Sep 23, 2017 Sep 23, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Opened Photoshop today and tried to open some images.  It acts like it's doing it for a minute, then it just pops the recent splash screen up again.  Will not open or create new documents.  If I try to create a new document, it won't even respond to mouse clicks on the create button.  I even uninstalled and reinstalled photoshop with the same result.

I am annoyed and stumped.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Sep 23, 2017 Sep 23, 2017

What version of Photoshop.  If you using CC 2017 and it opens you can use menu Edit>Preferences>General.

Capture.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try resetting you user ID Photoshop Preferences if Photoshop use to work work for you.  Uninstalling and reinstalling Photoshop does not change your user id current Photoshop preferences.  If they were corrupted they will still be corrupted.  Corrupted Photoshop Preferences file can cause all sorts of problems

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Where is that at?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What version of Photoshop.  If you using CC 2017 and it opens you can use menu Edit>Preferences>General.

Capture.jpg

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the help, I found it, reset it, then made sure my video drivers were up to date and rebooted.. Seems to have fixed the problem.

Cheers

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 11, 2022 May 11, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

BIG thank you, you help me resolve this issue for one of my students.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines