Photoshop zoom resizes image window in wrong screen

Participant ,
Mar 19, 2018 Mar 19, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My setup:

Version: Photoshop CC 2018

macOS: High Sierra 10.3.3

Dual monitors: Macbook Pro connected to second monitor.

I use the laptop screen for all my Photoshop tools, and the large screen for the working area.

Today, I had to clean install the OS and had to reinstall all the apps on my laptop, but when I installed Photoshop CC 2018, my zoom feature is behaving strangely.

I have my zoom tool preference set to "Resize Windows To Fit", as usual. I am viewing my image in my second monitor, but now when I zoom in/out my image jumps to the laptop monitor.

I have managed to replicate the 'glitch' by resetting the workspace to default and moving or closing toolbars. Every time I reset the workspace to default, it seems to work normal, but as soon as I close/open a few palette windows and move them around, the problem comes back. I thought it was something under the preferences menu but it might not be the case because I reset that immediately, thinking it would help and it did not. I even uninstalled and reinstalled Photoshop again.

Maybe there's something lingering in the cache that's screwing around with it? I tried to drag in some workspaces before from before I had clean installed my OS.

Does anyone know what's going on? It didn't happen before.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Mar 20, 2018 Mar 20, 2018

Please go then to this topic Photoshop CC 19.1.1: Images opening unexpectedly small (macOS) | Photoshop Family Customer Community and report it that you experienced same bug as that guy. So you will have more chance Adobe fix it earlier

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
LEGEND ,
Mar 20, 2018 Mar 20, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not zooming, but sizing problem, but also made on Mac with multi-screen: Photos opening smaller than they used to

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, I guess it's the same bug. But it behaves differently on my computer as the image doesn't appear small, instead, it moves to the other screen.

I followed your link and all sub-links and found the workaround of docking all the menus to the Application Frame. This doesn't work for me as a permanent solution as I like to work without the Application Frame and like to float my panels closer to my work sometimes to make quick changes. I hope they fix it.

I will also follow your advice in the other link to report the bug or at least contribute to that forum.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What I know docking menus (at least Tools Bar) didn't help Gungadinn​. You can mention about it in dedicated topic they separated from mine (because of multi-screen kind of problem): Photoshop CC 19.1.1: Images opening unexpectedly small (macOS) | Photoshop Family Customer Community

It'll be also good you create new report topic on that site as it seems it's apparently new problem. Moreover if so far noone noticed it, then beside you maybe noone will. It's your only one chance Adobe will fix it. Reporting it is best option for you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That is interesting you said that, because docking the menus was working until I moved the entire Application Frame to the side a little bit (with the docked panels). As soon as I moved the Application Frame, the problem started again. But, I moved the Application Frame again to the top edge and the the far left of the screen and it worked again (my Macbook is set to the left, 2nd Display to the right). This is very strange. I don't want to move anything, no panels, no frame, now because I don't want any more problems.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My problem and possibly other one of  Gungadinn​, but related somehow had to be possibly resolved in this update. But they had many other serious issues, and they state my problem (and perhaps your luckily) will be fixed with next update.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Wow, I have been carefully working on Photoshop all day so as not to have any more zooming issues, but now – after a few hours – I am having the new problem that I didn't have this morning. It's the same one you listed in your question "Photos opening smaller than they used to"

Ugh... now I'll just wait for the bug fix. Maybe all these issues are related and they will be fixed together.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Please go then to this topic Photoshop CC 19.1.1: Images opening unexpectedly small (macOS) | Photoshop Family Customer Community and report it that you experienced same bug as that guy. So you will have more chance Adobe fix it earlier

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines