• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Png is an unsupported file type?

Community Beginner ,
Oct 14, 2020 Oct 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I made a graphic in Adobe Illustrator and saved it as a Png file. Then I tried to open it on the photoshop app I have on my Ipad and it is saying that it cannot be imported that it is an unsupported file type. I've done this before so I'm confused about how it's not working now. I even tried to import an older graphic that I know for a fact worked before but it too is an unsupported file type. Does anyone know how to fix this? Below is the file I'm trying to import

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Oct 20, 2020 Oct 20, 2020

Apple changed the acccess to Photos for privacy control. If you go to the Settings app and select Photoshop and set Photos access to All Photos things will start working again.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Oct 14, 2020 Oct 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @wyattl12541698 ,

I am on my iPad now, so I saved your image to Photos, then opened it in Photoshop for iPad without any issues. Can you try again? 

Also, since your question is about Photoshop for iPad, I have moved this from the Photoshop forum where you posted to Photoshop for Mobile

~ Jane

E0CB94FB-2BCA-4491-B66D-4D4251CCB5A9.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 15, 2020 Oct 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Jane.
I just tried it again and I got the same unsupported file type message.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 15, 2020 Oct 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Wyatt,

How are you opening it? I saved your image from the forum window into Photos, then launched PS for iPad. I chose "Import and open" (bottom left), then Photos. I've just now repeated it, and it works here.

Try these steps if that's not what you are already doing.

Maybe someone else will step in with another answer, but if not, you might try deleting the application and reinstalling. Be sure to sign in with the same user ID and PW.

~ Jane

F96DC827-9565-425A-8B0A-726EA54FB5F3.jpeg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 16, 2020 Oct 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm not experiencing the trouble opening that either.  Granted, I opened it the way Jane suggested which is how I always open files in Photoshop for the iPad 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 20, 2020 Oct 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Apple changed the acccess to Photos for privacy control. If you go to the Settings app and select Photoshop and set Photos access to All Photos things will start working again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines