• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Preset Syncing checkbox is not visible in Preferences/General Photoshop 2021

Explorer ,
Oct 28, 2020 Oct 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I installed the latest 2021 release of Photoshop and have been checking out all the tutorials for new features. Several of them mention automatic preset syncing that's triggered by a checkbox in the Preferences/General tab. However that check box is not available/visible in my Photoshop. Definitely perplexed by this.

See screenshot for my Preference pane.

Screen Shot 2020-10-28 at 4.54.07 PM.png

 

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Feb 09, 2021 Feb 09, 2021

Preset Syncing is now available in Photoshop 22.2 released today. You can enable this feature by opening the Preferences > General page and clicking the Preset Syncing checkbox.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Oct 28, 2020 Oct 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I remember the was a Sync Setting preferences at one time but the was removed in later Photoshop versions.  The I a menu Item Edit>Preset>Migrate Presets and Edit>Presets>Export?Import Presets...

image.png

I do not see a Sync Preset in General Preferences

image.png

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 09, 2021 Feb 09, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Preset Syncing is now available in Ps 22.2 released last night. You will find the option for Preset Syncing on the Preferences > General page.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Preset Syncing is now available in Photoshop 22.2 released today. You can enable this feature by opening the Preferences > General page and clicking the Preset Syncing checkbox.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 13, 2021 Feb 13, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am on 22.2.0, updated today, and still have no Preset Syncing checkbox.

Running on Big Sur.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Feb 14, 2021 Feb 14, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same here, 22.2.0 Big Sur and don't see the sync check box in Preferences

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am seeing it on Windows but not Mac

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have signed out of the Creative Cloud app and then back in, still no Preset Syncing checkbox available.

Running on Big Sur.

Is available on second mac not using Big Sur.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 16, 2021 Feb 16, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The likely cause of a missing Preset Syncing checkbox is that an Adobe process named CCLibrary is not running. Please open Activity Manager (OSX) or Task Manager (Windows) and look for a process named CCLibrary. If it is not running, please try the following:

1. Quit and relaunch the Creative Cloud app. Then check for a running CCLibrary process
  2. If #1 does not work, reboot your machine, open the Creative Cloud app, and check for a running CCLibrary process.

If you do have a running CCLibrary process, yet you do not see the Preset Syncing checkbox, let me know as this would be a failure case that we are not aware of.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 19, 2021 May 19, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Matt, I am having this problem as well.   I updated to 22.4 and still no check box, I checked and did not see cclibraries running so I restarted my machine, cclibraries is now running but still no check box.  I am on a windows pc.  Is there anything else I can try?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 20, 2021 May 20, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi @jduchow , let's see if we can get this figured out.

First of all, Preset Syncing is available on Windows 10 machines, but not yet on Windows ARM machines. Are you on an ARM machine? We plan to enable it on ARM in a release later this summer. 

You mention that you do in fact see the CCLibrary process running when you open Task Manager. If so, please open the Creative Cloud app and go to Help > About Creative Cloud. Scroll to the bottom - which version of CC Library does it say you are running?

Assuming that the CCLibrary process is up-to-date (3.12.11-1) and the process is running, I would expect that a relaunch of Photoshop should allow the Preset Sync checkbox to show up in Preferences > General.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

More information on Preset Syncing can be found here: https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/using/sync-presets.html

The preset types that can be synced across machines are Brushes, Swatches, Shapes, Gradients, Patterns, and Styles.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had this issue but now after quitting the creative cloud desktop app and restarting, the option is now available

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ian-barber, when you "quit" the creative cloud app did you simply restart the app, or the computer also? I quit the app and restarted it (i.e. sign out and sign in) but it made no difference.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Feb 15, 2021 Feb 15, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I Signed out of Creative Cloud, Then Quit Creative Clod App and restarted the MAC.

I helped someone else with the same issue but on theirs, we had to Uninstall Photoshop and Re-install it

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines