• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Problem creating new files or exporting projects in Photoshop 2017 on M1 Macbook Air

New Here ,
Jul 06, 2021 Jul 06, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, since I set up my new Macbook Air M1 using Time Machine, I got the issue attached below with both Photoshop 2017 and Illustrator 2017. When creating a new file or exporting a file with the Photoshop window, they appear distorted, I only see a quarter of that window right.

Any fix for this without reinstalling the software?

Check below pictures.

Thank you!

Photoshop problem.pngPhotoshop problem exporting.png

{Thread title edited by moderator}

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 06, 2021 Jul 06, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi,

We're sorry about the trouble with Photoshop 2017 on your M1 Mac. The application version you're using (2017), has not been optimized to run on the M1 processors & hence there might be compatibility issues. Please check: https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/kb/photoshop-for-apple-silicon.html

Please try updating the apps to the latest versions to check if the issue persists. Also, since you have restored the apps using a time machine backup, it would be helpful if you uninstall the version currently installed & then install the latest version through the Creative Cloud desktop app.

Let us know how it goes!

Regards,

Nikunj

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines