• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Problem with shape tool [with CS6 in Aug 2012]

Explorer ,
Aug 05, 2012 Aug 05, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For some reason after drawing shapes with the shape tool, whether it is one line or a custom shape, I just can't edit it after drawing it. I can't edit it at all and it doesn't appear on any layer. I can delete every single layer and the shape will still be there.

They are not paths, but just to double check I did look under paths but it is empty.

It doesn't matter what else I've done, or whether it is a new blank page I can't do anything with any shape once I've drawn it.

I can't get it to select it when I click show transform controls, I can't select it with the marquee tool and delete it (because it isn't on any layer) and I can't place anything over it to cover it.

I have to keep saving before drawing any shape and close and reopen the file if the shape doesn't go quite as I wanted first time. Obviously if I want anything over the shape in any way I can't do it.

What is causing this and how can I stop it happening?

TOPICS
macOS , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Aug 14, 2012 Aug 14, 2012

Bear in mind that glitches that seem to go away by themselves tend to come back by themselves.

Do not fall into the trap of just moving on and ignoring them.  If you do that your computing experience can become an ongoing hell.

On the other hand, if you wrestle each and every bug to the ground and either (ideally) fix it definitively or at least learn everything there is to know about it and find out how to work around it, your system will be stable and will be able to rely on your computing envir

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
New Here ,
Sep 27, 2022 Sep 27, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Edit* >Layer >Rasterize >All layers 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 27, 2022 Sep 27, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

@Brian26320160virz wrote:

I just figured out one solution. It may solve your problem or may not but try selecting >Layer >Rasterize. See if that works for you. 

Edit* >Layer >Rasterize >All layers 

Rasterizing all layers is bad advice and will not solve the OP's issue, which is to edit a Shape layer after creating it. 

• Rasterizing change the shape layer to a pixel layer
  • Rasterizing all layers affects all shape, type, and smart object layers as well in addition to the layer the OP is having an issue with.

Jane

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines