• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Prompt to Rasterize EPS Files in CC 2018

Community Beginner ,
Oct 23, 2017 Oct 23, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I recently installed the Photoshop CC 2018 update and I’m having issues with placing EPS files. Unlike CC 2017, when I place an EPS file, I get a prompt to “Rasterize EPS Format” and select  pixel dimensions. If I don’t know what dimensions I need, I just have to guess and hope that it’s large enough to not be pixelated.

screenshot 2017-10-23 at 11.10.31 PM.png

I use EPS files often because they’re vectors. There is no visible option to not rasterize the EPS and I’ve tried looking in the settings to see if maybe there was a new setting for placing images. This prompt does not happen with SVGs and PNGs. AI files seem to work but the prompt for the bounding box/media box makes the process slightly longer.

How can I place a file without having to rasterize, or stop this prompt from showing up?

TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Jan 22, 2018 Jan 22, 2018

Hey Everyone!

I am happy to announce that this issue should be resolved in the release of Photoshop that just went live, 19.1. Please open your Creative Cloud desktop app, update Photoshop and try it out!

Thank you,

Hannah

Adobe Blog: Photoshop Releases Version 19.1 With Selections Improvements, Advanced Support for Windows High-Density Monitors and More

What's new: What's new in Photoshop

What's fixed: Fixed issues in Photoshop

Instructions for updating: Update Creative Cloud apps

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Jul 23, 2021 Jul 23, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

As a workaround you can open as a Generic EPS. This method is working for me on v.22.4.3 Windows 10 Pro. Let us know if it's a temporary fix for you or roll back a version if that's stable for you.

JainLemos_0-1627083883436.png

JainLemos_2-1627083883440.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines