Exit

"Export as" thumbnails preview problem

Explorer ,
Mar 09, 2020 Mar 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I've recently upgraded my PC and have a weird issue with the export as panel
When I try using export as panel to export multiple layers as individual files (regardless of the export format) some preview thumbnails show a "loading" circle animation (including a screenshot) and after a while they go broken (as seen in the screenshot2)

What's more interesting is, if I ignore the errors or hit export at any state, all the layers get exported. HOWEVER, the file names don't match the exported layer names. For instance, if layers are named 1,2,3,4,5 then a file named 2.png will have the contents from layer named 1, 5.png will have contents of layer named 3 and so on. This naming is random as far as I can say. Sometimes photoshop just exports the files with correct names. 

screenshot 1
Photoshop_2020_export_as.png

screenshot2 

Photoshop_2020_export_as2.png
My PC specs are as follows.
CPU: Ryzen 9 3900
RAM : Gskill Trident-z 64GB 3600Mhz
GPU: Asus RTX 2080TI

The problem has not been damaging my work or productivity too bad so far but I don't want to imagine what's going to happen when I have to work with 100s of layers.

I would appreciate any suggestions towards a solution.
I have tried reinstalling photoshop and tried resetting settings/deleting preferences, neither provided a solution. 
Thank you,

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Engaged ,
Apr 27, 2020 Apr 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OMG!!! Finally found someone with similar issue!! I too have exact same problem! Ryzen 7 3800x here. So thats a common thing for us. Its propably related to these CPUs then!

Here is the thread i have created with same problem: https://community.adobe.com/t5/photoshop/photoshop-cc-2020-quot-export-as-quot-multiple-layers-artbo...

Omg you have no idea how happy i am to see its not just me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Falrinth, 
Really glad I'm not the only one too šŸ™‚ 
I have exhausted my options and surrendered myself to faith . Yet, if I find a solution I WILL post the solution here.
If you ever find a solution I would appreciate it if you could let me know how.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I read your posts, I previously used GTX980 with an intel CPU and had no such issue with photoshop. I think that rules out the GPU interference.

It indeed could be AMD CPU related, or motherboard/bios/ram related. I'm not overclocking my CPU btw.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

One final note,
I have found some sort of a "workaround" . I realized that photoshop command file>export> export layers to files and file>export> export artboards to files export the layers/artboards without any issues. Of course you lose individual control over the layers/artboard but at least you get a consistent output. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines