• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

"Render Video" Not Opening | Photoshop CC 2018

Community Beginner ,
Oct 25, 2017 Oct 25, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This worked fine in all other versions of PS. I did this on PS 2017 a couple days ago before the update. Now I'm unable to export my timeline frame animation. It just loads "initializing video export" up to the middle of the blue loading bar and stops. I left it there all night. Didn't budge. I looked at all the other threads about it on here. Tried changing performance settings. No good. No answers. Please help.

Screenshot 2017-10-25 20.03.46(2).png

Filmmaker . Animator | @KoneeRok

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Feb 20, 2018 Feb 20, 2018

What version of Photoshop are you using? Adobe often release version of Photoshop and Update that have new bugs.  Adobe fixes many of these in newer updates. So what bugs are or are not in Photoshop depends on the version of Photoshop you are currently using. There was a recent bug Added CC 2018 that was fixed in the 19.1.1 update.

January 2018 (version 19.1) release

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It may be a Mack problem. You seem to be redering a frame animation as a video on a mac.  That works on Windows but I do not have QuickTime on Windows Apple does not support QuickTime one windows.

Capture.jpg

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank for your reply. Im not actually rendering video.... I'm exporting animation frames as .PNG files from the Timeline which is done through Export>Render Video where you then choose your options. This is routine for me in animating and worked for years exactly this way until this update a couple days ago. And now the "Render Video" window doesn't even open, only loads as I said/showed above. Glad its working for you. It is possible that its only happening in 2018 updates on mac, but i don't know that for sure. Not great for someone with deadlines.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 26, 2017 Oct 26, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe made changes to PNG support Jpeg works PNG produces a Programs error on Windows. So its a new bug report this to Adobe Please.

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same problem - I'm running the new Photoshop 2018 on MacOS Sierra. It keeps getting stuck on "Initializing Video Export". I would prefer not to downgrade to Photoshop 2017, because I do like the brush presets. Please help!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Having same issue here. Just hangs at around 50% when trying to export. Using MacBook Pro 2017 on MacOS Sierra.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

I can't replicate your issue - but I am on Windows not Mac

I suggest you raise it here where it is more likely to be seen by Adobe staff :

Photoshop Family Customer Community

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It has been reported and On Windows I get a Photoshop error massage I program error has need encountered when I try to export a png sequence. Adobe made changes to PNG support in CC 2018 most likely in that code. A jpeg sequence works.....

https://feedback.photoshop.com/photoshop_family/topics/cc-2018-png-image-sequence-export-not-working

Capture.jpg

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same issue with me. Though at work I have an iMac and also photoshop CC 2018, but video is working properly.

It's my personal computer (late Mac with Touchbar) that is experiencing problems, and they started after installation of After Effects trial (at work I'm not installing it deliberately). Here's my post explaining it:

Photoshop CC Render Video stuck at Initializing Video Export.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was able to have someone from Adobe tech support do a remote on my computer to try and figure out the problem.  He tried switching permissions, resetting preferences, etc for about 2.5 hrs.  We fully un-installed all my Adobe programs and after install we had no luck.  He then created a new user and BOOM the issue went away.  Not sure why that fixed it but it did. I would recommend making a new user and then launch Photoshop within that new user and see if the issue still happens.  It worked on my end, hopefully it helps for some of you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you able to save a a sequence of PNG images?  No one else seems to be able to do that. They can save Video and jpeg sequences but not PNG sequences.

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not even getting passed "initializing video export" to even have the option.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the feedback. Im going to try this, but once you do that does it work in the old user account? Can I just duplicate my account and delete the old one?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That is what was weird.  Once we made a new user and got it work, switched back to my original user profile and it did not work.  Which was weird but the tech said it could be something with permissions but he couldn't not pin point it exactly but it did work when we made new user.

JJMack​ we did not try that but I can def give it a try when I get home. 

On a side note, making a new user to test is not hard and you can always delete after testing.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

faustoochoa  wrote

On a side note, making a new user to test is not hard and you can always delete after testing.

That is not to point I have othr user ID on my system that have never have user Photoshop. So I would not even need to add a new user ID. I would just need to start Photoshop.  I coul always then just delete the Appdata photoshop created for the user ID.

So far  Both Windows and Mac Users have not been able to  Use CC 2018 export>render video and save out a PNG  Image Sequence. I just wanted to know if you can.

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Made new user to test. Opened PS 2018. I was able to open the "initializing video export" and get passed the load bar finally like faustoochoa suggested. Worked for jpegs and targa. But when I exported as png frames I got this" "Could not render video command because of a program error."
IMG_9172.JPG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The tech is supposed to follow-up with me tomorrow.  Im going to also bring up these issues with him.  Ill see if he has any suggestions.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes that the way Windows users see the problem some Mac users see Photoshop hang.

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 27, 2017 Oct 27, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi JJmack

I get the same trying to render to a PNG sequence

From a frame timeline using File > Export > Render video to png sequence I get the "Program Error"

From a video timeline using Render video in the timeline menu the PNG option in Image sequence is greyed out

(CC2018 on Windows 10 v1709)

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 06, 2017 Nov 06, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all,

Just an update on this one, we've been able to reproduce this with your helpful sleuthing here (Thank you!).

We're aware of this and working on an update -- Feel free to add your vote and voice to this thread here to receive update on when a fix is released: CC 2018 png Image Sequence Export Not Working | Photoshop Family Customer Community

Regards

Pete

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 06, 2017 Nov 06, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Pete

Thanks - comment added to the linked thread

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 13, 2017 Nov 13, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

awaiting notice

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 19, 2017 Dec 19, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is this addressing the issue of the Progress Window 'Initializing Video Export' stopping at 50% when you go to File>Export>Render Video or Render Video from the Timeline panel? I can't even get the Render video window to open. I have tried different files, restarting Photoshop, restarting my Mac...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you don't have time waiting for the fix.

I downloaded Photoshop CC 2015.5 on the "install other versions" button.

Opened the CC 2018 file and exported video.

screenshot_04.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If You are using Windows if CC 2018 is running and you click on  start CC 2015.5 the running CC 2018 will open.  Close CC 2018 and try starting CC 2015.5.  On Windows onley one version of Phoroshop can be open at a time.

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines