• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

"there isn't enough room to display this document"

Explorer ,
Jan 23, 2018 Jan 23, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just finished installing the Jan 23 Photoshop CC update, reopened the program, and attempted to open a simple JPG file.  I rec'd the error message:  "There isn't enough room to display this document."   What's that supposed to mean?  Then I tried to create a new document and rec'd this message:  "Could not create a new document.  There isn't enough room to display this document."     My system runs Windows 10, has 64GB of RAM, 2T hard drives with adequate space for scratch disks.  I normally have very few problems with Photoshop -- but this is a new one and is preventing me from getting any work done this afternoon.  Have not yet tried resetting preferences as I am unsure that will solve the problem.  I did restart the computer after discovering the problem but that didn't seem to have an effect. 

Advise is appreciated, especially info on how to rollback to the pre-updated version.  Thank you!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , May 15, 2018 May 15, 2018

Hi All,

This issue should be fixed in the Photoshop CC 2018 (19.1.4) release which is now available. Checkout the list of fixed issues here: Fixed issues in Adobe Photoshop CC

Please update Photoshop CC 2018 via the Creative Cloud desktop app and let us know if you continue to have any trouble.

Update Creative Cloud apps

Regards,

Mohit

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 24, 2018 Jan 24, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Vicki,

Sorry to hear that you're getting any error about not enough room, could you please try the steps mentioned below & let us know if it helps:

Solution 1: Set the Windows clock to current date and time, restart the computer, then activate your application

To access the system clock:

•       Double-click the clock icon to the far right of the Windows taskbar or

•       Open the Date and Time control panel under Start>Settings> Control Panel

Solution 2: Add "Everyone" user to the Security settings of the DAT and FF1 file in the Product licenses folder.

• Navigate to Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Adobe Systems\Product licenses.

•      Right-click the Product licenses folder and select Properties. Click the Security tab and make sure that the "Everyone" user           has full access to the FF1 and Dat files in the folder. If there isn't an "Everyone" user listed, then click Add and add this user.

Regards,

Sahil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 02, 2018 Apr 02, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Has this been answered? With deadlines approaching, I am fighting the very same problem. Photoshop will not open even the simplest of jpgs.

Any answers?

Re: not enough.room

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Apr 02, 2018 Apr 02, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You'll find answer in reply No. 27 of this topic.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Apr 03, 2018 Apr 03, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So if I am understanding correctly, there is still a workaround that works but the "bug" has not been addressed as of yet. Still using 19.0 because of this bug. Would like to get the updates but not willing to have to use the workaround every time I open PS. They don't seem to be very motivated to get this resolved.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This bug came with 19.1.1 on February, 16 2018, so 3,5 months after 1st CC2018 release on October 28, 2017. There were also 19.0.1 and 19.1.0 still free of this bug. Then though reported it wasn't fixed in 19.1.2, and even today, few hours ago released 19.1.3, it was addressed to. Now I got answer like it's not sure it will be fixed with newest update, but somehow in future 😕

Photoshop CC 19.1.3 is now available. | Photoshop Family Customer Community

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"Not sure if it will be fixed with the newest update" Who is prioritizing this then? What would be of greater value to the user, a new widget or the program doing what it's supposed to do? Shaking my head over that one.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That was first bug I found, right after launching CC 2018. Then I said I'm going back to CS6 EXTENDED till they fix it. But it seems I might wait for this day longer than I assumed

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That's not really the answers I was expecting, I guess!  But thank you for answering. 

Since I needed to get back to work quickly yesterday and no one had a quick answer for me, I reinstalled Photoshop, (didn't realize it was going to wipe out all my settings, actions, etc !  I should've been paying attention!), ran the update again, and am now in the process of getting the program back up into my normal working condition.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do keep us posted if you face this issue again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jan 30, 2018 Jan 30, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Having the same issue but on W7 with more than adequate resources yesterday. Clock setting did not work, can't fine the folders mentioned however.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 30, 2018 Jan 30, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi vicki degruy​ and 24farmin​,

your problem could be similar to this thread: https://forums.adobe.com/thread/2443449

(mostly written in german language)

There is a checklist you can go through step by step (and the solution in the other thread was: to change the workspace eg to Essentials)

Have fun

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 31, 2018 Jan 31, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having the same problem; trying to open files I created not 2 days ago, getting the same error.  My clock is accurate, I also cannot find the folders Sahil mentioned - whether by browsing for them in Documents, or by searching - and resetting my workspace to essentials does absolutely nothing. I have also completely reinstalled Photoshop, and that also did nothing.  I would go through the thread Pixxxel listed but I don't speak German ;_;

I'm going to try restarting my PC next and see if that changes anything.

I'm running Windows 10, and again with sufficient specs to handle Photoshop (as previously mentioned, the files that I'm unable to open now I created literally 2 days ago.)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Lizardbeth​,

can you show us a screenshot with the error message, please?

Does your Photoshop with the message looks like this:

Dokumentenfenster_zu_klein.png

or more like that:

Screenshot+%281%29.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi again 24farmin​,

same question to you:

https://forums.adobe.com/people/pixxxel+schubser  schrieb

Hi Lizardbeth ,

can you show us a screenshot with the error message, please?

Does your Photoshop with the message looks like this:

Dokumentenfenster_zu_klein.png

or more like that:

Screenshot+%281%29.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm getting the bottom screen shot. At least I guess I am. Not sure what that says but it looks just like mine but in English.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That last message means something like:

"The process could not be done. There isn't enough room to display this document.."

or

"The operation could not be executed. There isn't enough room to display this document.."

or perhaps

"Photoshop could not complete your request. There isn't enough room to display this document.."

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Then yes, that's exactly what I get. No matter what file or what size it is. Same files I had been working on just before the update and now they generate this error message.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

And you tried different workspaces too? And restart Photoshop and computer meantime?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did not try the different workspaces as I use Essentials all the time and never thought about it until this discussion. I did try all the rest however. Re-start PS, restart computer, etc.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you guys are running Windows, then it would make sense to check Resource Monitor, or even just the Task Manager > Performance tab.

What do you all have Preferences > Performance settings set to?  How much memory is allocated to Photoshop?  The OP has 64GM of RAM, so I'm thinking there should be no problem there.

With so many people having similar problems, it does sound like a bug, so perhaps install a Previous Version until a fix is found.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

24farmin​

24farmin  schrieb

Did not try the different workspaces …

Change your workspace and change it back (or restore your workspace). You did not tried a 2 click solution for trying to solve your problem??? Than I can help you anymore. Sorry.

24farmin  schrieb

… I did try all the rest however …

This is really hard to believe (see above, if you do not even try a 2 click solution) …

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Feb 01, 2018 Feb 01, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"2 clik solution"? Don't know what that is, sorry.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 01, 2018 Feb 01, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hmmh????

click no.1 on menu: Window

click no.2 on (another workspace) or (reset workspace)

1 click + 1 click = 2 click (perhaps) solution

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 06, 2018 Feb 06, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Help I am having the same issue! It doesn't let me open any file or document as it says : "There's not enough room to display this document"...

I did go to workspace/ essentials...but still not letting me open any file..

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines