• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

RASTERIZE remains greyed out

New Here ,
Nov 08, 2009 Nov 08, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am fairly new with Photoshop (CS3 Extended) so please bear with me.

I have a file with a layer that I want to rasterize.

1.jpg

When I right click on the layer the rasterize option is greyed out and also if I select Layer and Rasterize.

If I merge down with the previous layer or insert an empty layer underneath it remains greyed out and unavailable.

Any suggestions?

Thanks

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There's probably nothing there to rasterize!

What's on the layer?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As John said, there is nothing to rasterize. Pixels are pixels. At most you could convert the layer styles to individual layers, but that's it. There is no specific option to flatten them into the currently active layer, so merging with a blank layer is the only way to do that.

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you gentlemen ... I think.

I was trying to follow a tutorial and I think that I was following correctly when I can to the rasterize part.

The tutorial is here if you want to check it out ... http://www.grafpedia.com/tutorials/web-20-photoshop-layout-tutorial

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That is the weirdest tutorial I ever saw!

The fact remains that, if a layer consists solely of pixels (ie no vectors), there is nothing to rasterise and the menu item will be greyed out.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I am guessing that when you made your rectangle you used the Fill Pixels (right) option. If you had used the Shape Layer (left ) option to create the rectangle you would have had something to raterise.

Capture.JPG

Paulo

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines