Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

RAW (NEF D850) support in CS6

New Here ,
Aug 26, 2018 Aug 26, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I own a licence of Photoshop CS6 that I love and works perfectly.

Recently purchased nikon D850 and of course there is no support for the new RAW format in CS6 .

There are codecs available from nikon though.

Can someone help me understand where I need to deploy them so CS6 will find the codec.

I still wish to use my CS6 and love how fast it is, and is perfect for my needs. Plus I have a licence that is still worth it.

Please share some procedure to go around the missing support after Camera raw 911 for CS6.

Regards

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Aug 26, 2018 Aug 26, 2018

Download Adobe DNG converter and create DNG file for you D850RAW files

Cameras supported by Camera Raw

Adobe Digital Negative Converter

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Download Adobe DNG converter and create DNG file for you D850RAW files

Cameras supported by Camera Raw

Adobe Digital Negative Converter

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Wow. How did I miss this tool.
Thank you very much.

Really fast and only few clicks away to have them converted.

Also tried the latest Photoshop CC , and the raw editor is slower and they also removed the left preview list. It opens each raw file one by one, with a huge delay between each photo load.
I bet they made the user experience worse so users would start using Lightroom or something else for trivial raw edits.

Still a big fan of CS6.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

is perfect for my needs. Plus I have a licence that is still worth it.

It's not, is it? This is why people upgrade software. This is exactly the reason.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

A software for pixel manipulation is upgraded with new features and bug-fixes. I don't need/use any of the new features and also there are no bugs in my Photoshop, camera row does not have the adaptor codec (which is available for inclusion from nikon)
Why would you pay more for something you don't use or need. This is an ugly business model, where they charge lots of money for almost no work at all. I will never pay such a huge subscription for such a small benefit.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 22, 2023 Feb 22, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Some of us are not hooked up online for months at a time. Older disk versions keep working while the subscription shuts off after 3 months of no contact. Add in that when we have something that works just fine - why do we need to keep paying and paying for stuff we do not want?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines