• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Rectangle border

New Here ,
Dec 09, 2019 Dec 09, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am using the iPad version of Adobe Photoshop. I am trying to create a comic book template. I would like to know how to create a solid rectangular line, to outline the border of the comic.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've played around with this a bit, and I don't believe there is a good way to do it.

The best and obvious solution would be to use Layer Styles to add a stroke to the layer, but that's not available in PS for Mobile. My next thought was to "stroke selection," but that isn't available either. Creating a shape layer that had a separate fill and stroke is another possibility, but PS for Mobile doesn't have shape layers.

The only thing I could do, and it's really really a stretch - is to create a rectangle or square selection, and fill it with black. Then, in the selection options at the bottom, choose the 3 dots and "transform selection." Manually move the corners in a tiny bit to make a smaller shape. Then, fill the smaller shape with white. Voila - you have a white rectangle with a black border. If you're careful, the sides might even look like they are the same width.

This is a lot harder than it should be...

You can request this type of feature to be added via the feedback link in Settings, or go straight to the feedback website. Here’s the link to the main categories page: https://feedback.photoshop.com/photoshop_family/categories/photoshop_family_photoshop_mobile

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

As a follow up, I found a much better workaround. Use Adobe Comp for iPad to set up your document, lay out the frames, adjust the size and stroke width. Then, share the document as an image to your camera roll from Comp, and import that image into Photoshop. Much less hassle.

Here's a screen shot from Adobe Comp:

0440E387-753F-41DF-8C05-79AC82F455B0.jpeg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines