Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Render video export not working [2019]

New Here ,
Nov 24, 2019 Nov 24, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi!
I just recently started having this issue rendering animated videos in Photoshop CC on my Mac.  Before, I've had no trouble.  I go to file, export, render video, and then the settings appear.  I usually use 24 frames per second, work area, adobe media encoder, and either Quicktime or the hdm4 (I can't remember what it's called exactly - the one that exports videos as mp4 files).  After clicking okay, the Photoshop cursor spins and spins and spins...and the video never renders.  I don't even get the loading sign.  The program just freezes.

Is there anything to fix this problem?  Or something I may have done wrong?  I've used photoshop to animate for over a year now and this is the first time I've had a problem like this.  Please help!

TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Sep 22, 2021 Sep 22, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@BklynTink wrote:

"You must also know it's not possible to ask questions or clarification of davescm."

Deb Kapell,

To clarify:

• When you have email replies enabled in these forums, you will receive an email from generated by the forums for the posts in the thread. That may be what you saw.
  • Bugs often affect some users and not others. Sometimes it's only Mac or only Windows or only specific graphic cards, for example. It is helpful to the Adobe engineers when many users add to the bug report whether or not they are having an issue so they can pin it down. Comments on a Bug Report are directed to the engineers; they are not "answers" to the first person who reports the bug.
  • Your comment about forum volunteer @davescm is as far from the truth as possible. All you or anyone else needs to do is click his name to see and read his posts to see how extremely helpful he is to users on this forum.
  • If you have a question for Dave, you could try asking him.

~ Jane

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 18, 2021 Sep 18, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having the same problem. I don't do a lot of videos but this is distressing.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 20, 2021 Sep 20, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

And just like that it's working again. Go figure.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 29, 2021 Oct 29, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This problem happened on my PC and I have figured out how to solve it. I hope this solution work out for you guys.

Step 1. Download appropriate media feature pack. Find the proper version here: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/3145500/media-feature-pack-list-for-windows-n-editions 

If you’re not sure which Windows 10 version you currently have installed, follow the steps below:

1. Press the Windows key and type “about” in the search box.
  2. Click on About this PC to open the About tab of the Settings app.
  3. In the About screen, scroll down to Windows specifications and discover your Windows version under Edition.

Step 2. Run command prompt as admin. Enter this command:

dism /online /enable-feature /featurename:MediaPlayback

Step 3. Restart pc. Render Video in Photoshop should run by now.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 15, 2022 Jun 15, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In case there are users of M1/Apple Silicon in this thread, they should update to Ps 23.4:Rosetta is not needed as videos now work in the native mode: https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/using/whats-new/2022-3.html#other-enhancements

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Nov 07, 2022 Nov 07, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just to say - - I'm running a Mac Studio with decent ram (64gb), osx 12.6 and PS 24 — and still my video export gets stuck on 'Initializing Video Export'!

Randomly it worked once on an older machine (same setup but an older Imac) but then reverte to the video export freeze,

Something seriously awry withAdobe PS video export!  C'mon Adobe, sort it out!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 07, 2023 Feb 07, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Close both photoshop AND bridge.  Restart photoshop (DO NOT restart bridge).  Seems to work everytime.  No idea why.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 07, 2023 Feb 07, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I re-installed the earliest verion of Photoshop available on the Adobe cloud subscription and that 

worked for me. Now I can render videos normally.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 05, 2023 Apr 05, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

I have tried this, I downloaded version 22.2 and it is till not rendering. Any idea why, please help

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Mar 02, 2023 Mar 02, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I encountered an issue with Photoshop on my MacPro and had hoped that upgrading to a new computer would solve the problem. However, even with my current up-to-date MacMini (2020, M1, 8GB RAM, Photoshop CC2023, 24.1.1), the issue still arises occasionally. Fortunately, I have found a solution that works for me every time:

1. Quit Photoshop.
  2. Open Creative Cloud.
  3. Sign out of Creative Cloud.
  4. Restart Creative Cloud.
  5. Sign back into Creative Cloud.
  6. Open Photoshop and render the video.

By following these steps, I can get it to run smoothly for a while. When it fails again, I simply repeat the above process, and everything goes back to normal - until the next time it stalls.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

I have also tried this step. Did not work 😞 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

8GB of RAM is inadequate, time to consider upgrading RAM or system.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

Thanks, but my Ram is 24gb used. I cannot upgrage my system, it causes other issues on my computer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My reply was for Dr. Rasmussen.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jun 08, 2023 Jun 08, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You are completely correct. An 8GB memory capacity falls short for video editing purposes. In my video-making endeavors, I primarily create concise how-to videos that demonstrate menu locations, and such brief clips suffice. However, should I venture into producing videos exceeding a few minutes in length, I would undoubtedly contemplate acquiring a more powerful computer to handle the task.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

sorry, i mean i have 24gb Ram

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines